Bought a Nintendo Switch

Not the same world: Hyrule vs Termina.

But good news is I’m over my withdrawal and Eiji said “to include the sky”, not limited to.

HYYYYYYYYYPE

2 Likes

True :grinning:

1 Like

Maybe somewhere here has a clue what the name of the game is I´m looking for.
I watched a review a while ago and the game didn´t appeal that much to me back then but now I´d like to give it another shot, what I remember is this: it´s a roguelike game with some hack´n slash elements since more and more opponents keep coming in. Your character is using a sword and there might be some Yakuza style story involved but it´s been a while so I might be wrong about that one. Pretty vague but maybe someone has clue :smiley: I browsed so many lists, I can´t take it anymore.

Dead Cells?
Hades?

I´ve been playing Hades for quite a while so I´m pretty sure that´s not it :wink:
Dead Cells is just new in my collection but that´s also not it.
From what I remember the gameplay was pretty similar to Hades though but the main goal was to defeat as many enemies as possible (kind of a survival mode).

Haven’t played it yet, but maybe you’re looking for a game called katana zero?

Unfortunately not but I checked that game already and it´s on my list. The game I´m looking for also has a top down view and no side scrolling elements. I´ll keep browsing but keep the suggestions coming.

I think I found it. It´s been so long that I can´t be 100% sure but it definitely fits my vague description…

I love Hades so much but the runs get so long after a while. I get that you can pause and resume but thats tough if you take a few days off and have to jump back in. My only real complaint about the game honestly, its great.

Currently MH Rise is all I play on Switch - unreal game, quite honestly.

2 Likes

Just picked up and already many hours into it!

THPS 1+2 Remastered

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Sk8 on!

2 Likes

Back on the Switch bandwagon this weekend. replaying BOTW in hype for the sequel, Metroid dread in October looks great too.

2 Likes

Halfway into a cyberpunk game called Observer. Great atmosphere, slow game play, but really nice so far.

1 Like

I’ve played that. Good game

If you dont like the slow gameplay now, wait till the gameplay becomes not slow… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Haha, I like it so far and usually take my time with games. And now I’m curious how it will pick up the pace (no spoilers, please).

1 Like

Ooooohhh Team Bloober??! I really liked Layers Of Fear. Gonna need to put this on my list….

2 Likes

We have a Switch at our house. I’ve never really messed with it aside from playing Mario Kart with the kiddos. Is Korg Gadget the only music making program for it? No tracker-style stuff?
We also have a DS. Any interesting music stuff for that?

@joeyfivecents There is NitroTracker for the DS, it’s free but you will need a rom cartridge in order to run it. it was a long time ago that I played with that so Not sure if I should recommend it.

I contacted a few people about trying to get a Tracker music maker on the switch and basically what it came down to is that it’s such a niche market that the work put into it wouldn’t be worth dealing with Nintendos obligations of having it sold through their store. It’s a perfect handheld device for it, but I guess the korg music app will do.

NGL, the korg app has given me a ton of samples and inspiration. Being able to set different scales is amazing. I’ve performed a few tracks on the Digi with just stems bounced from the Switch

1 Like

There was an MS-20 style DS game cart by Korg called the DS-10. It has a multitrack sequencer, kaoss pad and various other features. It’s quite fun patching cables with the little stylus.

1 Like

Oh yeah, now I remember seeing that years ago. I might just do korg gadget on the switch.