Bought a Nintendo Switch

There will be a part where the gameplay becomes more involved resulting in potential frustration.

When you reach this point- just reply to me and let me know that you found it :grinning:

1 Like

There’s plenty to like about Observer if you liked layers of fear. If you also like blade runner, you can’t go wrong with it.

2 Likes

Haha we’re on some similar wavelengths again @joeyfivecents

TLDR: Yea, korg gadget is kinda the only thing worth while on switch right now…. Buuuut……

Korg gadget is prett dope, good ui and super quick to pick up. Arguably not really worth its weight if you compare its cost against current alternatives on iOS or Android, but it’s fun, none the less.

Game Builder Garage - Ive been making a lot of fun sequencers and different touch piano type interfaces in Game Builder Garage…. It’s fairly limited for sound mangling and takes some work to get any results, but once you’re familiar with the environment, there’s a lot of cool stuff that can be done… it actually reminds me quite a bit of Orca.

“SmileBASIC4” and “fuze4” both get honorable mention, both are super capable of pushing the switches sound capabilities to its limits and there are pre built examples that will help you make a soft synth app or code out a song in a programming language, or whatever…. But it’s all code based and the exact opposite of immediacy.

You’re no stranger to the lines forum… there are currently some interesting Nintendo DS related developments happening in the Uxn thread over there :relaxed: (This is with 2ds and the non-flash-cart homebrew method so I can use 2ds to run a ds emulator to run a Uxn emulator :rofl:).

3 Likes

lots of good info there! I will check it all out. Thank you!

2 Likes

Just picked one up for a beach trip. Monster hunter rise is good. Hades is fun. I may get the diable 2 remake later this year.

1 Like

Yeah, I know what you mean now. Some sections get pretty intense, which can get frustrating if you have to do them over again. Luckily I got through them relatively quickly. The most frustrating thing was level 9 of that spider mini game, tried it for an hour and had to look up the solution, which in hindsight wasn’t as hard :sweat_smile:
Overall, Observer was great, and worth it for the excellent atmosphere and creative visuals in the trippier sections alone.

1 Like

Agreed! I’m glad you got through the annoying parts fairly quickly. It’s been a while since I played it, but I recall the parts took me a good while.

It was a jarring change of tone from the rest of the game- typically a Bloober Team game I’m wanting I expect a mostly relaxing horror experience- sightseeing through a bizarre story/atmosphere. And to run into parts that interrupt the forward flow threw me off.

I get that an issue that hindered Layers Of Fear was the lack of danger- which made the tone of Fear less potent. Observer was probably an attempt at adding danger to their game. If memory serves- Layers of Fear 2 get closer to perfecting the sense of danger in the game.

I like Observer though- I think the atmosphere experience is 100% right for what they were aiming for

1 Like

New model with OLED. The reactions I’ve seen so far are what I expected. :rofl: Been thinking about getting Switch to use with Ring Fit Adventure

Cnet kind of states the obvious here - Nintendo is trying to get new customers with the OLED model, and not so interested in pleasing existing owners

1 Like

Nintendo quietly release a new Switch iteration, and people are disappointed because it didn’t match the hype that the internet generated for it. As much as I dislike the phrase ‘it is what it is’, it rather fits here. Same console, better screen, more storage, small price bump. But the YouTube hype merchants will keep doing what they do, and Nintendo won’t complain too much as it saves them a ton of advertising money

4 Likes

Even WITH the Switch Pro hype, I had already decided I wasn’t going to buy it. I’m still satisfied with the performance of my Switch. Don’t need the larger or better screen. Given theres no performance update, I dont have to worry about being locked out of playing certain games unless i upgrade.

The new dock and joycons look nice tho

3 Likes

When will people finally accept Nintendo doesn’t care (and does very well not caring) about the spec race?

I’m old so can someone please explain to me why LAN ports on consoles is a thing? Is it in prep for cloud streaming play or something?

In non-Switch, but Nintendo news I finally got around to playing Link bt Worlds the other day and wow what a game.

4 Likes

Apparently the LAN ports are for more stable internet for online gaming

2 Likes

Ah. Multiplayer and Overwatch and such. Hadn’t considered that. :+1:

2 Likes

Neither had Nintendo (notoriously). :laughing:

3 Likes

My people. :fist_right: :fist_left:

2 Likes
1 Like

Rare move for Nintendo to actually respond in an official capacity to fan speculation

2 Likes

Anyone playing Skyward Sword HD? In this updated version you can skip most of the tutorial and handholding, which is what turned me off from the original. I’m having a lot of fun with it this time around…

6 Likes

I can’t play Skyward Sword cause I’m stuck in an endless Fire Emblem: Three Houses loop for three months already :joy: Fourth play through at the moment, I’ve never re-played a game like this. Any others here that played it?

2 Likes

Just saw the announcement for “bomb rush cyberfunk” which looks like a follow up to jet set radio future. Very psyched about this! I played the hell out of JSRF as a kid, still think the soundtrack is really special.

3 Likes