Bought a Nintendo Switch

I finally pulled the trigger when I saw Walmart was offering a free Metroid Dread mug. Fcuk yeah! Lol

7 Likes

i wanted to buy it
but i spend way too much time playing mario tennis
this is not the direction I have to buy myself in

Alright I’ve taken one for the team here. Bought a used copy from a guy called Mario no less. Story mode is a bit boring but does help with learning the ropes. Multiplayer mode is probably a laugh. If anyone’s up for that Elektronauts tournament at some point, give us a shout

Anyone trying the Voice of Cards demo? It is strangely engaging. Love the music. Ex-Nier Automata folks involved (which I loved!)

1 Like

That one looked like it had an interesting story, but the gameplay/tone seems a bit dense.

I’ll try out the demo, tho. Thanks for the recommendation!

1 Like

It is definitely something to take your time with - languid pace. The opposite of Nier?!

Cannot wait for Shine Megami Tensei V. :metal::metal::metal:

Inside / Limbo both really cheap right now. If you don’t have them already, do yourselves a favour

2 Likes

I played both on iOS but nevertheless got them both again for the Switch, that’s how good these games are.

2 Likes

YES!

Man, Metroid Dread is great!

Definitely feel that sense of Dread too.

I had my qualms about 60 for a 2D game, but the movement and the cinematic definitely feel immersive enough to justify the price tag

9 Likes

No spoilers! :laughing:

2 Likes

Did you get a Switch Oled to go with it?

1 Like

Ha! No the standard switch is sufficient.

Even if the new switch model was more substantial, I still probably wouldn’t have upgraded

1 Like

You mean like how the main villain takes off his armour at the end and reveals that it was Luigi the entire time?

Edit: I can’t wait for spring when the the prelude DLC of Luigi’s Mansion Dread drops

11 Likes

This level in DK Tropical Freeze was just f’ing magical. What a level design master class :heart:

2 Likes

Switch OLED is pretty sick! Don’t underestimate that screen, it looks way better. Glad I upgraded from my launch model. Don’t know why people don’t seem more stoked on it. Between the much better battery life and the screen it’s a solid upgrade.

I’m sure that’s true, but my current gaming experience with the standard Switch leaves me wanting for nothing

Totally, me too, but I’d describe it as once you use the new one, you would absolutely not want to go back. Especially in a game with small details like Hades. The size is difference is a lot larger than you’d think just reading the numbers. If you play in portable a lot though of course, docked it doesn’t matter.

I’m planning to grab one. I have a switch, and my old one is kind of the family switch in the living room right now. I’m planning to grab the OLED version, and trickle my second one down. Then both my younger daughters can each have one. (may have to get one for my oldest daughter though if I do that. :smiley: ) Though she took the Wii-U and all my games for it, so we’ll see.

I definitely think the OLED is worth the upgrade, even if a new Switch comes out for BotW2 next year. Then I’ll just trickle this one down, and get that. I do that with PC hardware too.

1 Like

Agreed! I’ve only played for about an hour before work today, but it’s already amazing. Fast and smooth, (more-so than even Super Metroid IMO) and movement is definitely better. Less clunky, more fluid. Atmosphere is heavy, story is there just enough for a game like this. I love the voice of the computer. This is probably going to interfere with my synth building this evening. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I do wish you could swap control schemes for movement on d-pad, but even the way it is it feels extremely good. It actually makes sense for the overall control scheme for this game specifically. I just prefer d-pad in general for 2D controls.

5 Likes