Bought a Nintendo Switch

Yeah, Zelda will do that! :smiley:

I actually started (and have almost finished) Wind Waker again with my daughter. I set her tasks. (Go fill in all the chart locations. For example.) Then I fight bosses for her occasionally.

3 Likes

I feel you. Hollow Knight and now Shin Megami Tensei V.

:heart::smiling_imp::heart::imp::heart::imp::heart::smiling_imp:

1 Like

I’m not gonna touch that until I’m done with Dungeon Encounters, but I’m really looking forward to it!

1 Like

Got offered Metroid Dread as a trade… Let’s see what the fuss is about…

2 Likes

Does someone know when BOTW 2 will get released?

NOT SOON ENOUGH

(They confirmed it again recently for 2022)

3 Likes

They’ve said 2022, but it won’t be the early part of the year, because they’ve announced those games already. Various people are predicting later, possibly in time for Xmas. But you know… It’s Nintendo… Could be 2027

2 Likes

I think that it was confirmed again for 2022 gives me hope it’ll actually be next year.

But yeah I’d be shocked if it were Spring. That leaves Winter.

3 Likes

As soon as they set a date I’ll start replaying the original :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Anybody a fan of the puzzle games: 999, Virtues Last Reward, or AI: The Somnium Files?

Honestly, as soon as AI: The Somnium Files-Nirvana Initiative was announced it has superceded any other game announcement: BOTW2, SilkSong, etc.

Seriously AI on the switch was such an amazing method of storytelling, im so eager to see what is continued with it

2 Likes

I have a similar strategy, haha!
So far I‘ve been slowly simmering by replaying Ocarina of Time and Majora‘s Mask as emulations. And then get it up to a boil just in time there‘s a somewhat definitive date for BotW2

1 Like

@xidnpnlss @kairos Thank you guys! Looking forward to it. I really love BOTW (my favorite game of all time) but I sold my Wii U that I played it on. It would be really nice to pick a switch up on Black Friday, but the only games I am interested in is BOTW 1&2 and Mario odyssey.

1 Like

After years of being switch-curious I jumped in with the OLED.

the last console i had (and still do… just unplayed) was n64.

i missed a few decades of gaming but am happy to be back and have that type of mental downtime again. onewheel season is now officially snowed out for me. time to game.

i beat Dread and loved it and am currently lost in BOtW.

both are fantastic games.

i just added a lot of games to my wishlist from this thread… thanks y’all!

10 Likes

Hollooooooowwwww Knight! Fire Emblem Three Houses!

2 Likes

Here’s what I think happened. They probably had a more powerful Switch lined up, and were going to release BotW simultaneously. Parts became scarce, so they put the OLED stop-gap in place, and delayed the hardware and the game. I’m sure it’s going to work on all Switch hardware, but my guess is that they want to really show it off with new hardware.

3 Likes

That is my theory too!

I like that the tinfoil in your hat is shiny instead of matte.

(Seriously, though, I would be willing to put money on some version of that being what happened… is happening…)

2 Likes

The obvious shortage (/bottleneck) is chips, which they’re struggling with anyway for the OLED. If they had a 'Switch Pro in the pipeline wouldn’t they have just ordered different chips a year or so back? Or too risky :thinking:. If they’re powerful enough to get 20 or 30 million extra processors and screens in these times I’d have thought they could get most things

2 Likes

Couldbecouldbe.

Though they run the risk of infuriating everyone who bought the OLED model (and god help them if they make botw2 new iteration only).

It’s running the same engine as botw1 so I’m not sure how new hardware would show it off. But I have no idea what I’m talking about wrt software development so I could be totally wrong on that.

Plus I dont think shortage will resolve itself by next year. If Sony is still having a problem Nintendo will definitely have one.

BUT. Nintendo has been known to do stranger things, so we’ll see next year.

This was my situation too when I got the Switch. I wish I could relive the moments it dawned on me how good indie gaming had gotten. Celeste into Hollow Knight into Hyper Light Drifter into Transistor into into into :exploding_head:

3 Likes
4 Likes

I may finally get DKC Tropical Freeze which was like 20 bucks maybe a year ago and hasn’t been that price since. No way i’m paying $50 or $60 for that game lol.