Bought a Nintendo Switch

I feel your pain. a FedEx package of mine was out for delivery on Wednesday near my house. now it says “delayed” 2 days later :laughing:

1 Like

Curse them!!

2 Likes

13 Likes

And now I’ve finished Breath of the Wild.

Where the hell does one go from here?

6 Likes

Hollow Knight, it seems.

4 Likes

Back to sidescrolling…metroid dread

1 Like

Do it!

Hollow Knight or…

Sundered?

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I did consider between the two, and also Ori and the Blind Forest. I’ll get them all eventually.

2 Likes

Hollow Knight has a learning curve, but it is such a fascinating world to explore.
Ori is wonderful but I felt a bit more on rails.

3 Likes

I can recommend Ori, it’s a wonderful game. Hollow Knight has been on my list for a really long time now, I should probably get to playing it before the second one comes out. I also look forward to Metroid Dread, but I’m content at waiting for it to go on sale in the e-shop.

2 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

Very clever :slight_smile: I saw what you did there :slight_smile:

Actually, Hades is also on my list.

But Hollow Knight is starting to pull me in. Kind of a rocky start, I was thinking “What am I missing here? Cause I really don’t like this game but apparently I’m wrong.”

But now, I’m starting to see it. Though arguably, I always had a very divided opinion on games with Demon Souls mechanics. Love to conquer them, hate to get punished by them.

1 Like

Dead Cells.

It’s the restarts that still has me on the fence. That brutality … not sure I’m ready for that. Though I am starting to find my way around short cuts and iron benches, so it is starting to make some sense to me.

Pretty gutsy opening part, though. Really doesn’t apologise for whipping you to the bone right from the beginning.

1 Like

It took me a bit to get into it too. But once you’re in, you’re all in.

It’s not nearly as punishing as Dark Souls. I took no issues with it after awhile; the “getgud” curve eventually plateaus.

3 Likes

I had to start this game at three different times with months apart to actually get into it, but once it clicked it became a great experience! In no time the speed run and steel soul challenges will become enticing :slight_smile:

@xidnpnlss Hades is awesome too, although I always struggle to find my style in games with so many possibilities. The narrative and the rhythm at which options unlock are masterful though.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve found my first station stop now, and that kind of changes everything. And for every upgrade you get, the game makes a little more sense.

Reminds me of the original Elite game. So brutal in the beginning. Then, you get a docking computer. Stronger weapons. And that’s when the game really shifts into gear.

It’s an interesting design, though, to start out brutal and then remove all that harshness after some time, to reveal the game’s true depths as far as challenge and difficulty goes.

But it seems to work, when well executed. Breath of the Wild is no easy game by any means, but it’s easy to accept it just because it’s so damn good. You just want to get good at it, cause you feel it’s worth it.

2 Likes

I’m not one of those to go on reddit and discuss builds; I got out once and that was punishing enough, I’m in no hurry to try again. I found a weapon and beginning combo that works for me and improvised the rest.

I thought I was a lunatic with 300+ hours in Hades until I saw those speedrunners and other experts with 2500+ hours. After being so drilled into the gameplay mechanics of Hades which is so fluent and fast paced I sometimes have a hard time getting back into slower paced games. Only thing that comes close so far (imho) is Dead Cells.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the worldbuilding and lore of HK. There is some sad, insidious stuff going on in there.

1 Like