Bought a Nintendo Switch

Bye bye little one!
This game has been such a pleasure…
But I have to get back to life now.

:wave:

6 Likes

Hey, @LyingDalai have you heard of… EDLEN RING?!

2 Likes

Yes indeed.

But video games are over for me for at least a month, most likely two.

1 Like

Finishing BOtW does that to you :heart:

2 Likes

I think Elden Ring has just short of made me forget all about BotW. :dizzy_face:

So… as a fun and relaxing break from Elden Ring, I’m on my fourth play of Hollow Knight now, getting ready (again :stuck_out_tongue: ) for when Silksong finally shows up. I’m afraid I…

…took the path of pain again…

:crazy_face:

My daughter is about to kill me, because I’ve had my Switch on pause since there’s no save-point through that section, and she’s been wanting to play more River City Girls with me. :smiley:

“Sorry sweetie, no more games with me until I’m done with Hollow Knight and Elden Ring.”

(not really, but…)

3 Likes

Beat the first boss in Hyper Light Drifter now. This game is mesmerizing. The music is absolutely amazing.

But I wouldn’t mind some advice on the upgrade path. I got the chain dash and now I have cash to the next upgrade (anyone of them). I’d like to do some serious damage now, but no idea where to go from here.

Any other Hyper Light Drifters here who can provide some good advice?

9 Likes

You’re in for a ride! I listen to bits of the soundtrack almost every day ever since I finished hyper light drifter a few weeks ago. I’d recommend to get the upgrade to hit back projectiles as soon as you can, as it makes messy fights with lots of opponents a bit easier. Then go for the charged up sword strike upgrade, which does a lot of damage, also to multiple opponents if they are in reach. Or the other way around, but I found those two to be the most essential upgrades early on. It’s also not a bad idea to thoroughly search for upgrade points in the outskirts of the central city (the transition areas to the proper zones to the north, east and west).

4 Likes

Thank you :hearts: :pray:

2 Likes

wasn’t Splatoon 3 suppose to be out already? delayed?

I thought it gave just a year, not a month

so much to looking forward to playing that soon.
i don’t even care if it looks kind of “teenagery”, shets fun as hek.

anyone playing Triangle Strategy?
i still need to finish 3 Houses, and start Octopath Traveler and also check out Bravely Default 2, but maybe i’ll just say f-it and forget about those and focus on Triangle.

what game?

do you know if theres a retail version (none digital) of this?

1 Like

I tried the demo last year. Graphics were cool. The battles were surprisingly intricate and open- but overall didn’t find the game compelling enough to humor the notion of playing the full game

i heard its also decision based and it alters your path more freely & non-linear than other “choices” type games.
maybe its worth revisiting?

Seriously, Disasterpeace is making me consider going daw for real after all. He only uses Logic. No hardware, except for a keyboard. And it all sounds like it’s coming from an old Yamaha CS-80.

5 Likes

I didn’t know about the non-linear element of it- thats pretty neat.

I think the story of the game is too dense and heavy to me- at least from the initial demo.

Lol i don’t care about politics in the real world and I can’t be bothered to care about them in a video game :grinning:

I don’t know anything about disasterpeace and the hyperlight drifter OST is the only thing I’ve checked out so far. I wouldn’t have guessed that it’s all software though. But I would have guessed that some kind of MPE controller was involved because the leads and pads on the OST just have so much movement and tiny details, it’s pretty great.

2 Likes

Zelda Breath of the Wild.
This is a screen capture of the ending.

One of my favorite games ever. If you have the chain dash, I would put everything into your sword, then gun after that. That’s the way I play though, I only use the gun to open things up, or maybe occasionally snipe an enemy from across a divide or something like that.

Also, if you play through this game, and want more in a similar vein, then grab Resolutiion (two Is) and Unsighted. Both are absolutely excellent games along the same lines. (I lean toward Unsighted between the two of them though.)

1 Like