Bought a Nintendo Switch

IMO a PC and a Switch is the perfect combo. If you feel like a big AAA game, the PC is usually the best place to play it. Nintendo fills in the rest. Both have an excellent array of indie games though, most of which overlap. I play them more on the Switch though because I can squeeze in time for it more easily that way (similarly to you). I can’t always spend time at my PC(s). The nice thing about also having the PC is that you can do other things with it. Actually, since I’ve been playing Elden Ring, I’ve been playing on my Living Room TV (Steam) and then when I can’t be there, I’ve been streaming it to my MacBook :smiley: Works beautifully, (though I have a pretty insane (for home use) network setup).

3 Likes

Late to the party as usual.
I just recently got a switch lite. Its been 20 years since i did any gaming. Love it so far.
Just got Bastion for 3 dollars in the eshop, literally just had a quick 5 minute look, I like what I see so far. Got a list of stuff to do today, but looking forward to having a go later.

Have been playing Hollow Knight for about week. Love it.

I guess if I end up liking Bastion, I’ll get Hades.

I had no idea Switch would be this good.

7 Likes

Hades is SO much better than Bastion, however, Bastion is still very cool! Transistor is also quite cool.

Check out Sundered too if you get a chance. (Different studio, but excellent art, animation, and atmosphere!)

1 Like

How do the eshop sales work?
Once a sale is over, does the game disappear?
Hades is on sale, might be last chance to get it?

The game is still there in 99.99% of instances. Just thr discount is gone

1 Like

It sure is :slight_smile:
Its going to keep me entertained, no need for Hades just yet.

Something about it reminds me of Ninja Scrolls.

1 Like

Anyone has an opinion on risk of rain II ? Just discovered it ( yep, living in a cave ) and was wondering if finding mates is easy…Thx everyone.

Not the only in a cave… that looks fun. I’m putting on my to play next list

Highly recommended. Played on pc, not tried on switch.
Game with deep gameplay, way to play some pretty crazy games.
Nice in multi, I prefer solo, multi requires an intelligent distribution of bonuses within the team, with randoms players, it’s not easy, with friends either. :grimacing:

There. Finished Hyper Light Drifter now.

A very powerful and evocative experience. I’m left a little overwhelmed by how affected I was by this game. It’s a gem for sure.

8 Likes

Nice!

I know I’ve mentioned these, but not sure if it was directly to you or not. If you’re still looking for some somewhat similar and good games, Unsighted and Resolutiion are excellent.

2 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: Unsighted seems pretty cool :slight_smile: I might check that out, actually.

I got Katana Zero on my list now, otherwise. That one seems to be something I could appreciate.

1 Like

Well, at least we got 2 seconds of new content :crazy_face:
Can‘t wait for being spammed with 40-minute lore theory youtubers milking the new master sword reveal

5 Likes

Convenient. I wouldn’t want to compete with Elden Ring for GOTY either :wink:

Don’t mind. They haven’t disappointed yet.

Edit “the world will be expanded beyond that” Yaaasssss underground. Gonna be a massive map :hole:

3 Likes

New Disasterpiece release - Hyper light Drifter B-sides.

5 Likes

Check Deku deals

Playing Celeste now. I got mixed feelings about this one. I totally respect and admire their approach on the gameplay. It’s flawlessly executed.

But it’s f*****g hard. And while I know the game’s been celebrated for its gentle tone on the subject and captivating story, I kind of feel patronised :slight_smile: as in “Many deaths means you’re just learning”. Yeah, rub it in, will ya? Or Assist mode be like “The game’s intended to be challenging. But if you’re not up for it, we got the lame version just for you.”

I think it’s great that it’s taking accessibility into consideration, but my white, privileged ass feel offended that I just suck so hard at it and the game’s really eager to point it out in a friendly-aggressive way :slight_smile:

Which stage are you at?

1 Like

eh… keep playing it. I sucked at it for awhile. Since you get respawned on the same screen you failed, it’s a fairly forgiving game despite the learning curve.

3 Likes

I only watched YouTube reviews but man it looks so much harder than platformers of the 80s & 90s. looks like an amazin game but not gonna lie I’m daunted by how challenging it appears :joy:

1 Like