Bought a Nintendo Switch

Huntdown is superb! Good choice. It’s not too frantic (for me, as an oldie) and has such classy graphics and sounds, the gameplay is a nice balance of gratifying shooting and stealthy quick moves. A good blend of modern and old, with touches of Double Dragon sprinkled throughout.

1 Like

Yeah it’s nicely made game, it reminds me of when you used to get ace freeware PC games back in the mid 90s, simple 2d graphical games that you used to play over n over

Thanks for the heads up, looks great. And only 7 bucks on the eshop right now!

1 Like

3 Likes

…trying to connect an usb-c cable, but doesn´t work at all…i think i´ll send it back!

"Hey guys! Welcome back to my channel! Today we’re going to pick back up on my let’s play of Breath of the Wild using just the MPC controller! Let’s hope it don’t find myself in a JAM! LOL! Or I might get beat…s lol!

Remember to like and subscribe!"

5 Likes

Hollow Knight reached a difficulty level I could not surpass. Which bummed me out because that game was headed towards top 5/10 for me!

4 Likes

do you know who did those renderings?!

Yeah, I wanted to be that person that could enjoy it because there was so much about it, that I liked.

But that platforming frustration …

That’s why I also can’t get through Celeste. So at least I’m consistent :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alquemy. Links on the page. It’s just a concept but I thought it was cool

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Personally, I found the frustration level of celeste much more annoying than in hollow knight. And I didn’t even go for most of the strawberries, but just somehow wanted to trial and error my way through to the end. Still, celeste is a very good game and I think it even offers a lot of accessibility options if you want to turn down the difficulty (but maybe those only unlock once you’ve been through the game once, I can’t remember).
No such luck for hollow knight. Some of the late game challenges are frankly insane. I took a bit of a break from hollow knight after finishing it a few weeks ago and just went back into it to try some of the optional stuff. I’m still a bit high on the adrenaline from surviving the aptly titled trial of fools just now. I can safely say that these were the most difficult 20 minutes of video gaming I ever had the sick pleasure to experience. I think with almost any other game, I would have just quit and moved on to something else as I usually play games mostly for the story, experience and atmosphere, the feeling of being transported to another world like a very good book or album. But for some reason, I couldn’t resist to attempt this stupid challenge over and over again. I suspected as much beforehand but now I can officially call myself a proper fool :relieved:

3 Likes

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Partner showcase scheduled for Tuesday, June 28 at 6:00am Pacific Time.

Haha, we’re polar opposites. I really like platform puzzles, exploration. Etc.
It was the story drought and boss pandemic that killed hollow knight for me

1 Like

Lol. I just bought Ender Lilies(albeit not on switch) and I was going through the intro area.

I remember people saying this game was difficult. But I was lackadaisically fighting off enemies- here comes the first boss…

Oh, this isn’t too bad. Got the boss down to a fraction of their health. “Wow they dies before their health is fully depleted? Easy game.”

Boom. Second phase.

At least dark souls has a halfway point indicator for second phase instead of surprising you with a second health bar.

Nice guy DS, Scumbag Elder Lilies :grinning:

I actually put Ender Lillies down after fighting the third boss. The difficulty curve is just weird, the map feels pointlessly confusing and the movement feels weird. I loved the atmosphere and music, though. I wanted to like it so much.

Hollow Knight, though, that’s one of my favorite games of all time. Although @Python I’ll be okay if I never go the Trial of Fools or White Palace again.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t mean to brag, but I beat Margit in Elden Ring (i condescendingly wipe my fingernails on my shirt). I think I can take on Ender Lilies where, so far, the boss isn’t a cloud of fists/swords/tails

Guys. Ender Lilies is too hard.

Does anybody know of any good visual novels to play?

Do I know this is a joke? Yes. Am I going to treat this as genuine so I can gush about a visual novel I like? Also yes.

Eliza is a game about an AI-driven mental health startup. Think DALL-E 2/GPT-3, not HAL 9000. You play one of the former members of the dev team, burnt out and going undercover as one of the “proxies” of the system to try to understand what you created.

Expect satire of Silicon Valley/startup culture, questions about the legitimate uses and abuses of tech, mental health issues, etc.

Oh, and there’s a cool dev who quits her job to make EDM and art installations. Which, y’know

For something lighter, you could try VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action

5 Likes