Bought a Nintendo Switch

You played your hand properly and i can dig it. I’ll research you suggestion in the morning

1 Like

I must punish myself and play Ender Lilies now.

1 Like

I’m also fine with not doing those two things ever again. Although I found the White Palace to be pretty manageable with the Grubsong and Hiveblood charms equipped. Still, it was far from my favorite part of the game, all the buzzsaws seemed really out of place.

3 Likes

My favorite visual novels on the switch:

The Ace Attorney games
AI the Somnium Files(first game was excellent, second game was pretty good)
If only the Nonary Games were on the switch, because Virtues Last Reward might be the most mind-blowing game I’ve ever played

1 Like

No love for Kentucky Route Zero? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Ace Attorney and Kentucky Route Zero are excellent! Will have to check out Somnium.

For Pride Month, I can’t forget If found… It’s a YA-style VN about a young transwoman running away from home in 90s Ireland. It’s a heavy and funny and sweet story, and I really like the uncover/erase mechanic

Dude. You weren’t kidding.

I got to the third area, with the wizard BS and the enemies have more health, deal more damage, and have more long range attacks.

The scaling of this game def is weird

Have you tried Famicom Detective?

1 Like

Absolutely. Love those investigation games

Portal and Portal 2 have arrived! I don’t like it as much as I did with a keyboard and mouse, but the Portal 2 puzzles are so damn good to play again!

9 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! The first one was SO fun and I never played the second one. Perfect for zoning out at the end of the day (while still tickling the brain).

The Switch continues to amaze with its game library. So many good games!

3 Likes

I can’t remember, is that before or after the place with the poison pools you fall into and die?

Portal 2 is one of my all-time favorite games. Enjoy it!

4 Likes

Both portal games are great, but the 2 player mode in portal 2 takes it to another level.

1 Like

I’ve seen the purple water once before, but it wasn’t prominent- so I’m guessing before

I started playing Rain World a few days ago. It’s a beautiful 2D platforming and survival game with incredible atmosphere, but it’s very difficult and even straight up unfair at points. I ended up in a very dark area called shaded citadel after a few hours and I’m getting killed over and over again by things I can’t even see. It’s pretty frustrating but I’m still intrigued by the game and I’m thinking of starting over a new save file and heading into a different route. Anyone here played it and wants to share some thoughts?

Literally just completed Hollow Knight.
Haven’t played it in months after being stuck at those damn watcher knights.

Picked it up today, Beat the knights after 6 attempts, then thought ok I’ll keep going. Nothing left to do but the last watcher then the final boss, which I beat first try.

So there it is. All finished. Its slightly changed my view on Hollow Knight. I was literally inches away from completing the game the whole time. Yes the bosses are massively frustrating, and I dont find beating them rewarding at all. The puzzle and plaftorm element of the game are fantastic, I love the music, the aesthetic and the world they’ve created.

Anyway, slight anticlimax, but I completed it , with a 91% score at the end.

7 Likes

The Final final boss?? :wink: Did you have Void Heart?

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:

Edit:
Looked it up.
I dont give anywhere near enough shits to go back and get the thing that lets you find yet another boss to fight so you can finish the game with a different ending.

2 Likes

Just started Fire Emblem Three Houses, I’ve never really been into tactical RPGs, though this is actually pretty fun (though I died in the first mock battle). Looking forward to Xenoblade 3 coming out at the end of the month.

4 Likes