Bought a Nintendo Switch

I don’t watch the nintendo directs, but I am really psyched for the new Zelda game. Until then, I’ve got more than enough games on my wishlist (and in my library) to play until then.

2 Likes

Goldeneye

3 Likes

Art style reminds me of “Out of this world”. More positive vibe tho

1 Like

90 hours in… Hollow Knight became a bit of an obsession! Was never into metroidvania games, but this one is so captivating and rewarding. And honestly drives you mad sometimes :sweat_smile:

Apart from the upcoming Silksong release: are there more games like HK?

8 Likes

Yes! I was coincidentally researching that earlier this week and audibly gasped when that was announced.

I’m hoping for the magic of Danganronpa without having to be chained to the lore

1 Like

with this being aligned with the Tokyo Game Show this week, I’m pretty sure this one was mostly targeted at a Japanese gaming audience, hence the heavy lean into JRPG’s

1 Like

Maybe check out the Ori series if you have access to the Microsoft ecosystem?

2 Likes

I feel like most of their directs are:

• classic ports
  • classic ports
  • JRPG
  • games from other systems
  • JRPG
  • Some impressive games.

I think the Rain Code game, announcement for Pikmin 4(not the biggest fan, but others are), Fatal Frame(not a fan at all, but others are) made it one of the better directs.

The Zelda name and date drop was cool, but not really enticing. The way they’re marketing the game presumes that fans are defacto excited about it, but my excitement waned in the silence since the first teaser

Both ori games are also on switch, no need to play them on a Microsoft machine.

4 Likes

Celeste is wonderful. Strictly platformer, though.

6 Likes

Celeste is seriously one of my favorite games I’ve ever played.

4 Likes

It was the first game I got after BotW and it completely blew me away. It led me to catch up on the whole world of indie games I had missed from not paying attention to games for years. Very grateful to it.

4 Likes

Maybe its just me seeing what I’m obsessed by, but I kinda got Shadows of Collosus vibes from the beginning of the TotK trailer

When Celeste came out I was going through a lot, and the game’s story and message really resonated with me. It will always hold a special place in my heart for that reason.

4 Likes

Are most people here using the lite or the regular one and hooking it up to a screen?

That is my new favorite behind Hollow Knight, but also:

Sundered
Axiom Verge 1 and 2
Outbuddies DX

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, tried it out yesterday. Love the vibe and aesthetics, but there’s really a lot of running back and forth, so far. An hour or so in at this point, will spend some more time with it.

1 Like

damn I had only played Metroid Dread for an hour or so, when I got it. Got back into it lately. Forgot that it is pretty hard at times. First Boss especially took me quite a while. But have to say I am glad that there are games that are hard again. – emmis still suck thou :wink:

2 Likes

Is their a secret code to enter in the new Metroids so you can play naked?

1 Like

You don’t need to enter any code into your Switch. Just undress and go ahead.

10 Likes