Bought a Nintendo Switch

I’m also very tempted, but I fear that I’ll not be able to do anything else for the next few months if I get it.

1 Like

Late to the party as usual. But yeah, ok, to those that said get zelda and i said meh…

You were right. Only 2 hours in and its amazing

If you haven’t played it, get this game.

4 Likes

Nier Automata port should also be high on your list if the Switch is your only way to play it. One of my favorite games.

4 Likes

Yeah think I will, definitely if there is a physical copy

Shiiiiieeeeeeeet!!!

There’s basically only two games that I have really really missed from the N64 -period. I loved Blast Corps where you demolished buildings with different vehicles. I’ve wished for a remake ever since but it won’t happen, at least not on Nintendo platforms as the developer of Blast Corps, Rare was acquired by Microsoft.

The other one is Pilotwings 64. Since the SNES -version I’ve been a sucker for the Pilotwings -franchise. Stress free flying parachuting and whatnot with tricks, stunts and photography missions. No firefights no hassle just soaring through the skies in your jetpack or gyrocopter. Perfect anti stress relief.

Just read that Pilotwings 64 is finally coming to Online. I might need to subscribe for a while at least for the time that it takes to finish that game again.

2 Likes

Hijacking this post a bit

I have a huge itch for old Nintendo and PlayStation games… has anyone tried any Retro handhelds?

I’m debating between Miyoo mini v2 or Anbernic RG353V

The anbernic is currently in the lead… anyone have any experience with these sorts of machines?

1 Like

Not tried those, but Anbernic looks way better. But I would also look at the possibility to just jailbreak a switch. You can find lots and lots of switch consoles that can be patched on ebay. This way you could have best of both world. Just no online play I would assume.

1 Like

been reading about the anbernic…do they ship the device from china with a card full of pirated roms? :smile:

they have an option to include an SD card which yeh have a bunch of roms on.

1 Like

also I am not a big fan of piracy…I think it´s morally ok with such old games.

2 Likes

I have an Ambernic 351V that has held up pretty well. I don’t use it as much as I probably should given I bought it.

The one thing I don’t like — and I don’t know if it applies to later products — is that they use a USB-C connector as a charge port, but don’t actually charge on USB-C; you need a USB C-to-A cable, and need not to forget it’s not the same as your newer smartphone.

I loved both of these games. Hopefully Pilot Wings will get a graphic update. But i doubt it.
Blast Corps was so good. I wonder why it wasn’t more popular.

1 Like

Not a fan of most of those devices. However, there are some newer ones, though expensive also, that look interesting.

Check out the YouTube channel ETAPrime. He’s got great information, and hands on testing for this sort of thing.

My personal preference for retro games is the MiSTer FPGA platform though.

1 Like

Finished Hollow Knight. Long time gamer, but never ever gotten emotional after a game’s ending. Until tonight.

What a ride, can’t recommend it enough.

(Now going back for a couple of things I missed along the way)

12 Likes

Understatement :wink:

:grin:

I think I’ve gotten quite far. Am at 99 percent now, read somewhere that 112 is max?

112 maybe because of the extra quests like Grimm Troupe that have been added after release.

2 Likes

Yeah I think I got 98%.
Didnt do grim troupe and few other expansions that got added after the games initial release. They dont really add to the main story, just more bosses.

Congrats on finishing… my own reaction was quite er… different :wink:

2 Likes

As in…ecstatic?

I am missing one half of the last charm (Kingsoul). I figure that would make 100%.

1 Like

Nah I was totally underwhelmed. Id gone through all the frustration and stuff with the watcher knights, then when i finally did it. Beat the next boss first try and that was it, the cycle starts again the end. 126 hours then Anti climax haha.

Dont get me wrong, Absolutley great game, but I dont enjoy the boss fights so much. And there’s a heavy emphasis on that.

2 Likes

Oh, I actually liked most of the boss fights. I used dark dash with the Watcher Knights and it was kind of a breeze.

The two Hornet-bosses and the Mantis Lords outraged me to the max. :grin: