Bought a Nintendo Switch

Just started it last night… Finding the controls pretty clunky, and yeah, movement is really choppy. Voice acting is indeed top drawer so far, although the lead’s (external) voice is painfully annoying :laughing:. Hoping there’s not too much of that. Some of the internal monologues are hilarious.

4 Likes

Yeah heard it was abit choppy, did think about getting it on ps5 to play on big screen (I have the lite) but thought as it has a lot of dialogue n slow paced I could play it in bed or when chilling out on the couch with my dog etc.

1 Like

It’s perfect for that! It doesn’t need to run well on the switch, as the gameplay doesn’t require any precise button inputs, so the unsteady framerate is a pity, but not really an issue.

2 Likes

Music to my ears. Does the game work well for quick 30mins blasts or you best to clear an hour or 2 in sit downs before committing to it to get best out of it?

I’d say longer sessions, but it depends on what you’re currently doing in the game.

3 Likes

Looks fun for only $2

157 days until Tears of the Kingdom OMG

8 Likes

Are you seriously telling me I’m going to have to decide between playing Silksong and TotK? Is that what you’re telling me, Team Cherry? You are lining yourselves up to go toe-to-toe with that? Some cheek. Surprise release it this instant.

2 Likes

what do you mean with its not starder valley

I’m just waiting for the Advance Wars 1 & 2 Reboot remake … was supposed to come out last spring. Probably the best Game Boy Advance game ever.

9 Likes

TotK will probably be delayed. So you’ll be fine

1 Like

Super fond memories of that game and nothing else has ever been a satisfactory replacement!

2 Likes

Take that back

I haven’t nerded out like this since the SNES came out

1 Like

If you want something (WAY) more involved, I’ve enjoyed XCOM 2 a lot. It doesn’t seem to be everyone’s cup of tea, though.

On the other end of the spectrum, Into the Breach is a more minimalist take, the battalion only having 3 units and the battle taking place on an 8x8 map. I’ve enjoyed this as well.

I agree, though, nothing is like Advance Wars. It hits some real sweet spots.

2 Likes

I thought of Into the Breach too… Might scratch the itch

1 Like

If it means giving the necessary time for a Switch 2 to arrive then yes please!

It can’t be too far off. A major Mario game is way overdue. Ditto Mario Kart, Donkey Kong… Everything you’d expect to accompany a new system. Meanwhile console sales have plateaued. I’m guessing 2023 is the year. Slight overhaul, new processor etc. Nothing too drastic though - Switch has been too successful

1 Like

That gives me some time to find the remaining 17 shrines, and few side quests i have left.

I beat Calamity Ganon last night, was just wandering around the castle not paying attention to the map and just stumbled across it, and triggered the battle. Pretty neat fight actually.

Screw the korok seeds.

2 Likes

Outrageously (considering how much I bang on about BotW) I haven’t done the DLC yet, so that’s the plan until the new game comes out. Will try to use the steps-retracing thing in the DLC to suss out where I haven’t been and where the last few shrines might be. Ten left if I remember, although I imagine most are shrine quests because 200 hours in I’ve surely been near enough everywhere by now.

Yeah I think the Korok hunt would be a good way to start to hate the game and your very existence

1 Like

Ive done some of the DLC, but mostly accidental.
The route tracker thing is super handy. Especially for those Labyrinths.

Some of the shrines are hidden in super tricky places. Once you figure it out you appreciate the puzzle, but all the while that little sensor is going, 'argh… its here some where the little shit"

3 Likes