Bought a Nintendo Switch

Yes.

I just find it funny. HK was infuriating.

BOTW for sure

It was infuriating TOO!

My first switch game was breath of the wild and it was almost an ecstatic experience. Mario odyssey was also absolutely outstanding. I’ve played through both of those games twice and they might have been two of the best games I’ve ever played. Mario 3-D world was also very enjoyable, and the game inside it, Bowser’s fury, is worth the price by itself. It’s not quite as good as odyssey though. Fire emblem three houses was enjoyable enough that I beat it four times and I rarely replay long games, but I also know those games are kind of niche.

1 Like

Fortnite got an update that gives it pretty sick graphics with their new unreal engine. If you’re into that type of game and don’t mind muting babbling kids…

Really need an aftermarket or xbox controller though, stock switch joycons suck for fortnite.

Any new quality releases in the past 5 or so months that fit the Action RPG mold?

For reference my favorite games on console or Switch are Elden Ring, Diablo, Hades and Xenoblade. I know a new XenoBlade came out, but just curiouus what else is out there. Picking up Xenoblade again may be too much to have to re-learn.

So i started BOTW. 5 minutes in and I was hooked. It is now 1am and I have work tomorrow :laughing:

Well I managed to clear the 4 shrines so that’s something…

16 Likes

Welcome! :pray::rofl:

3 Likes

The kids might have to get it next Christmas

3 Likes

I got it for my birthday in October.

Have played 220 hours so far …

Goodbye life, hello Hyrule.

Theres a story about a kid that played botw for months without leaving the ___________.
Story goes they didnt realise it was possible, they just spent a lot of time looking into the distance watching it all change and being amazed at all the depth and detail. Imagine the moment when they realised there’s a whole ___________ to explore.

1 Like

Portal’s just been discounted (at least in the EU).
I didn’t play it (or anything else) back when it came out, so time to see what the fuss was about

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, I’ve been looking forward to getting to play the co-op campaign of portal 2 with my gf!

1 Like

I don’t own a Switch, but have always enjoyed handhelds for gaming. I’m on Steam Deck now, and LOVE the Gyro/Flick Stick control scheme. I don’t think I can go back to the old way of playing first person shooters now. I find it fascinating that we’ve had the hardware for much, much better controls from all the way back in the PS3 era, but apparently no-one realised until recently.

All games can be played like this on the Steam Deck, since the deck “fakes” mouse control. Has anyone tried Boomerang X or Fortnite with this on Switch?

1 Like

thats really cool.

i wonder if there´s any shooter on Switch which implemnts this control scheme

I think Boomerang X and Fortnite are the only two so far. They support this on Playstation, as well.

EDIT: Playing like this felt very strange and frustrating at first. It took me aprox. 10 hours of practice before I felt I had gotten the hang of it. I practiced in Quake 3: Arena, since I like it, it is very skill-focused, and since playing against the bots made it easy to notice how I improved. Im still a lot better with a mouse and keyboard, but then again, I have thousands of hours of practice playing with a mouse. I’m already a lot better with flick stick than I am with the regular controller scheme, though (even though that is how I’ve played shooters the last 20 years or so).

Hard to tell if this way of playing will turn out to be better than mouse and keyboard. I’m not sure, but my impression is that the advantage either way will be so small that it doesn’t matter for someone at my level.

1 Like

This game has given me so much hours of great enjoyment

5 Likes

I did a playthrough when it came out and loved it. Tried a second but it was too soon after and stopped, but I’ve thought about it since and none of the DLC was out when I played it.

Might be time for another go before the next game comes out, which I for some reason didn’t pay attention to when it was announced but am now very much looking forward to.

2 Likes

They’re calling it the “Critically Acclaimed Partner Sale” The games on sale (at steep discounts) are some featured regularly on the “What Do I Buy Now That Im Done With BotW” lists. I have like half the list already and planning on picking up two or three from it.

2 Likes

Played it for 3 nights in a row… it’s like some cool book / film / board game / old school point n click. Takes me back to a kid playing point n click games on my first PC, like flight of the Amazon queen or Dig.

1 Like