Bought a Nintendo Switch

I know im preaching to the choir.

But fuck me BOTW is a masterpiece… the first time i climbed up a tree about 5 minutes in i felt like this was gonna be a special experience, im not even remotely close to achieving anything, but just walking around in this world is incredibly immersive. i honestly didn´t think i´d enjoy it as much as i do.

any n00b tips?
i´m already going for stamina instead of hearts any other tips?

7 Likes

Nah dude, play your own game. I think its m ore fun to discover off your own efforts.

The game hints that pop up during load screens pretty much give you the best tips.

Its an open world. Do what ever you want. Chances are, if you can think of it, you can do it. Its amazing. Enjoy!

6 Likes

One of the many (MANY!) great things about BotW is there’s no right or wrong way to approach it, and it greatly rewards experimentation. I’d just say embrace that and savour the experience.

The mate who’s had my copy of the game all year was playing 50 hours before he realised you could swim :crazy_face:

Much envy that you have it all ahead!

4 Likes

haha, that´s awesome… i love that the game doesn´t hold your hand in the absolute best sense of the word.

Most games feels like its hard because i havent reached the appropriate level. This game feels like its hard because i haven´t learnt it yet and that is really awesome.

4 Likes

You’re in good company

2 Likes

Don’t go for Ganon. Until there’s literally nothing else left. Make it last.

4 Likes

Stamina all the way!

Also, there is a special flying-boost ability that you can unlock in the north/west region which greatly boosts mobility.

It comes at the cost of kind of over-using it and then not really following the “intended” flow of the level design, because you can skip some unclimbable barriers more easily.

The game kind of guides you to another ability first, so just… see what comes naturally haha.

3 Likes

The little bite sized piece of score when you activate a tower is addicting(which, im sure you know by now)

1 Like

The piano arpeggio when the laser eyed robots spot link will also be forever engraved into my ear drums. The whole game has a subtle, but very fitting soundtrack.

5 Likes

The context of that clip will never allow me to relax.

“Oh I’m just gonna pop on that piano piece and meditate before going to bed” :grinning:

2 Likes

Also the days when freeware was ace!

1 Like

Ok I’m sold on Hollow Knight.

Tried playing Celeste for the first time. I’m stuck on the Forbidden City. I think I have to do a Retry to reset the whole level to get that strawberry back, because apparently I need the strawberry to get past all those icicles and I wasted the strawberry.

The other thing I have to do is enable Assisted mode, because I’m so bad at this.

1 Like

Do you all like Disco Elysium? It looked very intriguing to me for $20 so I grabbed it, but have yet to download it to my switch.

Hyoper Light Drifter is cool, but its hard as hell to see what is going with the super small character and the color scheme. Maybe it is meant to be played on a bigger screen, I don’t know.

I know one thing, I definitely need to revisit BOTW after reading all these posts about it.

don’t look shit up in the web

just enjoy the ride

2 Likes

One of my favorite games I’ve ever played. If you have ever enjoyed putting points into skills to open up dialogue options in a rpg you should enjoy it.

3 Likes

N++. Or The Touryst.

Greatest games ever.

1 Like

This game is so cool looking, but I got stuck on a boss and never came back to it. They put so much effort into optimizing it, though - runs super smooth and has a really interesting art style as well.

1 Like

I never had that problem with HLD. Maybe you just need to get used to it a bit more? I remember that it took me a while to get the hang of the game and not die every two minutes, but its very rewarding to stick with it, IMO. Actually, the game is worth playing for the soundtrack alone. I finished it months ago and I still listen to the soundtrack at least once a week.

3 Likes

Just been checking out the demo of this one, seems right up my street so far :ok_hand:. Greatest game ever is a big call though, especially around here :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That’s the beauty of opinions, everyone can have their own greatest game ever!