Buchla = Best stand/case for 2 Elektrons?

Hi Everyone!

What would be the best STAND to use in studio AND facilitate transport for 2 x Elektrons (AR+A4)?

The stand would be used to improve the physical interface with both machine, save space… and be able to be transported without tedious dis-assembly/assembly process.

The buchla style seems very interesting.
[ul]
[li]Is it really user friendly (access too function, workflow…)?[/li]
[li]Is there any other alternative for similar concept (folding stand)?[/li]
[/ul]

I would use a pelican case or similar for transport protection.

Thanks.

1 Like

Definitely the EIT-1. Never have to disassemble, and I beleive it fits in Pelican 1510 and/or HPRC 2550w (someone correct me if I am wrong)

https://sites.google.com/site/companyofquail/home

Pricey but an elegant solution.

I thought you’re not supposed to block the vents on the sides of the Analog machines? That case you posted, Adam Jay, seems to block the vents. Is this an issue? Otherwise I love the concept.

So long as the bottom is well vented (and it is), it’s okay to block side vents.

Also, just came across this…
Might be nice for gigging.
Adjustable width, and height, nice angle.

Could easily modify it with some simple $0.35 I-brackets to get the top tier to tilt forward more.

The first one looks “awkward” for access to track and function buttons on the sideof the A4. Details…
The second seems like a good idea but I am curious to see how it looks like with the elektrons units.

The Magma stand… minimum dimensions are 10" x 9" x 25"
Dimensions Largest are (HxWxD): 14" x 16" x 25"

So, I imagine it would work well.
That bottom shelf may be a bit deep, though. From what I have gathered (looking at pics with an NI S4 on the bottom), it’s about 14+ inches deep (of the 25" total).
Elektrons are around 7" deep. So it might be best by turning the top tier around so that it overlaps the bottom tier. Of course, then you lose the lip support edges, and secure titling. May require further mods.

Tough to know for sure. I’m tempted to buy it and try it out with some mods.

But this may be trying to fit a round peg in a square whole, with other options better fitting out there, just waiting to be discovered.

Wait, what am I thinking… just get two of the single tier laptop stands of the same adjustable height style, and make one taller and one shorter… They’re $21 ea. http://www.amazon.com/PYLE-PRO-PLPTS25-Laptop-Computer-Stand/dp/B004HJ1ZB8/ref=pd_cp_MI_0

I got some cool feet suction laptop risers I can put underneath the top Elektron to get more forward tilt.

Even just one to make the level difference?

Right. for sitting, certainly. And then raise it up for standing, i like that flexibility for gigs. You never know what kind of table you’re going to have to set up on. Could be a bar top, could be a card table that’s 28" tall.

Even cheaper here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/853198-REG/pyle_pro_plpts25_laptop_computer_stand_for.html

Blue lounge Cool feet or something like these to give more tilt. Place under back feet of Elektron, between Elektron and the laptop stand.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/675704-REG/Tucano_ERG22_O_ERGOGEL_Notebook_Feet_Set.html

Too bad they’re closed for passover. Won’t ship till Monday

Cool feet work out pretty nice.
Just using the large two under the A4 gives a great viewing angle.
Suction is solid and stable, no need to use the adhesive pads they ship with.
Comes with little red cinch bag for transport.

This is what I created

this is the tutorial I used:
http://radek-rudnicki.net/elektron-rack/

My equipment never looked that good.
Also playing with it has never been that ergonomic.

I have forgotten the ventilation, just checked and it is all very cool. I hope I will not have problems with it.

Good wood is very expensive, but can be found for free easily. You don’t need so much wood. I found a part of an old bed, made of african hard wood. It is very solid.

Don’t forget, the screws (M3) should not be too long :wink:

I am really happy with it…

It looks good!!!
Awesome job :+1:

I can confirm that the EIT-1 fits in a Pelican 1510 with room to spare. I posted photos in the old forum if you want to search. It also meets most (all??) carry-on requirements. I’ve taken it overseas and had no issues.

For my other two elektrons that sit right under my computer monitor, I use the Bluelounge Nest. They’re the perfect angle as they don’t interfere with the monitor view but provide a great angle to work with. (http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0051C50BQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2BY5Z6ST8KXZ3&coliid=IMLK9LS6HHUHK)

Hey,

I make stand for the Elektron gears
for 1 , 2 or 3 units , I use MDF , wood from france and plexi from germany
I have a design if you want keep the protective cover
laser engraving for free
start marquetry project

www.zerack.com

Ludo

elektron themselves makes rack mount end cheeks for 19" enclosure so i wouldnt worry.

+1 for the EIT-1. love that thing

I have two of the laptop stands from Amazon shown above.

They do work but they are front heavy with Elektron boxes.

You have to counterbalance the stand in some way or there is a pretty good chance that they will fall forward.

Also, the ones that I received do not fit under other equipment very well.

I planned to have them above my AK but the side arms of the Stand do not fit under the AK.

In the end I had to counter balance the stand at the bottom rear, and then place my AK on foam pads, I then cut slits into the foam pads to allow the Laptop Stand to fit under the AK.

Sorry I do not have any pictures, I just moved and my studio is not set up yet.

Tnx, i am really happy with it and i think i Will not change it for a long time, i think.very good ergonomy, and really cheap to make. I used an old bed to have very good wood, no need to buy something new. Good wood Can be found on many places. It took me About 4 hours, my father is a good woodworker, hè helped me.

I wasn’t familiar with the Nest product. Really love the Bluelounge solutions.
The solution i settled on was a combination of 3 pairs of Bluelounge Coolfeet + a Rain Design mStand. This works great for 3 Elektrons.

The Coolfeet are portable for gigs, only using the larger pairs in the rear. The smaller pairs I use for my Nord Drum and FaderMaster. Only using the mStand in the studio, so the fact that it cannot fold up is of no importance to me. It’s also been mentioned that with some of the higher tilting stands, Elektrons become a bit front heavy. I noticed this with the mStand, especially after using Coolfeet to tilt it the instrument forward even more. So I’ve got a small weight on the base of the mStand for stability.

It was very difficult to find a stand for the top Elektron that didn’t require screwing on end cheeks, but also gave great viewing angle and ergonomics, and yet also allowed enough clearance for the cables to pass under from the bottom instruments. The mStand turned out to be the perfect solution.

What I love is the viewing angle and arm reach of all 3 Elektrons, even with a small apple keyboard in front of everything. If I ever add a 4th Elektron, I’ll definitely add a 2nd mStand.

@ De wouzer This looks awesome man!
So great to see someone using same concept.
I just used cheap wood, yours looks solid and indeed nice and ergonomic.
Feels better once playing as well doesn’t it, all the controls are in front of you.
:+1: