Buchla LEM218 v3

nope, that’s why I made my own
the ritualistic sacrifice of one cable to make this connector saves me 3 banana cables - and the shortest ones I have I find much too long for use case.

1 Like

have you had to use it? or anyone else, have you?

looks great! did you 3D print that to get the ends to all be connected like shorting bars are?

1 Like

Nope. The LEM has been a real treat to use. My Command formerly seemed like a music easel, but now it seems like a Music Easel. :sunglasses:

(and the LEM worked well with the Implexus, too)

2 Likes

awesome to hear. I likely will get one in a couple weeks (if they’re back in stock) so I’m keeping an eye on people’s reviews of it until then. keep ‘em comin!

1 Like

Yeah I also haven’t needed the grounding strap, but it is nice to know I have it, without needing to diy the cable… never know if some gear will act funny with it or what the power situation might be for live. I should give the syntrx a go with it when I get back from my trip as I’ve had it act funny with the 0ctrl unless I have more than recommended number of cables running between the 2.

It’s a triple bar :slight_smile:
https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Pomona-Electronics/2970-0?qs=2nDnb8a6ouMKKvCTFkLQ8Q%3D%3D&countryCode=CA&currencyCode=CAD

they come with screws that drop down from the top to pinch the wire ends
this allows them to still be stackable

3 Likes

oh nice! I didn’t even realize there were triples :rofl:

I just ordered the Easel command station and program manager. Any tips with using the program manager ? Do I need to remove the program manager when I’m not using it ?

1 Like

No. You can just toggle between the programmer, local, or both.

I have only had the briefest of plays with the card. It was a bit clunky, but it does what it’s meant to do. There are a few functions not addressed by the card (LEM and some audio stuff). I can’t recall precisely and my studio is torn down for a move, so I can’t check. I bought the card for a specific gig, but didn’t end up using it. I bought the embed kit, too, but haven’t installed it. I’m not a preset user and never save my patches outside of commercial sound design gigs, so I may never actually need it. Still, it might prove useful. You can apparently only access some Easel features with the software editor, but I hadn’t gotten that far before packing everything up.

2 Likes

Scot one more question. I’m ordering the LEM218 do I need to buy additional cables to connect to the command station or is what they give me out of the box enough ?

1 Like

Mine only came with the ground strap (I didn’t need it), a MIDI adapter for the 1/8" TRS MIDI jacks, and the power supply. However, you can connect via standard 1/8" CV/GATE, MIDI, or banana cables. I bought three short banana cables like this specifically for this:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Ban05--buchla-cv-banana-patch-cable-5-inch-violet

1 Like

Also, you are going to love the LEM/Command combo. :sunglasses:

1 Like

did you find one available stateside, or are you pre-ordering? last I heard, next batch won’t be available until May.

Preordering mate. Might as well wait in line and practice on the iron horse (easel) in the meantime

1 Like

Thanks mate. I just ordered. I feel like Goku in his final form once the LEM 218 arrives

1 Like

Buchla dropped news that the Easel and 50th Anniversary Easel orders will be opening in June.

https://buchla.com/anniversaryeasel/

https://buchla.com/musiceasel/

(I couldn’t find a dedicated thread for this but feel like there is one already. feel free to move, if so.)

4 Likes

It seems like the lem has an extra green output on the anniversary edition. :thinking:

1 Like

That is so much more appealing than the angular, outsized case of the upcoming “standard” variant.

3 Likes

Incoming Midi velocity?

1 Like

yeah really lovely… lack of a wrist cushion on the regular version also, wonder what that version is gonna run though, something tells me it is not a small step up in price.

1 Like