Buchla LEM218 v3

That’s not the only I/O difference.

1 Like

it doesn’t look like the 50th 218 has the same texture to the keys though… I really enjoy that on the LEM218 V3… I wonder if it the same with poly over midi or if it is an older design. * looks like it does have poly from reading a bit more

1 Like

That anniversary Easel is gorgeous. I absolutely need* it.

*Want

2 Likes

Not totally sure of the aesthetics of the 50th anniversary circus clown synth… it does look fun though!

1 Like

Once you go into the easel acid trip you can’t undo it.

3 Likes

Is there space for the Program manager module to save patches?

externally, absolutely. the embedded one, more than likely Buchla thought of that for the 50th edition, and tested that. for the standard edition, it’s built into the extra module in the case. that’s half the point of that module.

MW folks are speculating $6999. I’m guessing that’s fed by the rarity of those cases and Buchla are likely using the dude on MW (Luther, I think?) who has been sourcing and building them. and people know what he charges.

Yowza. After the damage I’ve done to my budget in recent months, I’d not be able to afford it if it was half that. But I would if I could… :blush:

2 Likes

apparently Buchla are telling people at the booth it’ll actually be $10k for the 50th Anniversary Edition… :woozy_face:

1 Like

Holy moly :rofl:

1 Like

:scream:

That is a serious markup. Unless they’ve “co-opted” Luther in the same way they “co-opted” Roman, I can see very little reason not to go to Luther and have him stuff $4k worth of 208/218 into a case. Am I missing something? Are these anniversary additions not made from standard 208c modules? Maybe if they were hand-made, through-hole jobs. Obviously there are some minor differences in the LEM, but no enough to justify that cost.

I guess I take it back. If they are indeed that costly, I wouldn’t actually buy one if I had the dough.

Still nice looking, but I’ll stick to an ala carte setup. I never go anywhere anyhow.

2 Likes

10k?

At that price point you can buy the 208C, LEM218V3, PortaBellaBZ cards, Roland Klinkenberg cards, Tokyo Tape Music Center Cards, and still have money left over.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I am not familiar with this expression… :laughing:

2 Likes

You’re preaching to the choir …I was speaking in hypothetical terms

1 Like

yeah even if they were through-hole, hand-made recreations of the 70’s Easel, you can currently have that and the case made for way less. it won’t say “Buchla” on it, but it would the same thing; arguably better, in fact.

I’m kind of glad it’s so pricey, so I can ignore it.

1 Like

Who would you recommend for aftermarket cases ?

https://waste.org/~knobs/buchla_easel_cases.html

2 Likes

Indeed. I was trying not to bring that up. I actually have a through-hole 208r V2 awaiting a boat from SAModular. Because two 208s add up to a lot more more than 416.

1 Like

That’s sexy and I can fit modules ? Gotta watch my wallet now. Thanks for recommendations

2 Likes

If I ever decide to ditch one of the 208s, I’ll be looking into one of those.