Can listening to rap keep you young?

Do you think that listening to rap can slow down turning into a miserable coot that smells like a head of cabbage gone south sweating on the couch in ponderous desperation?

2 Likes

No, I’m living proof.

16 Likes

In my experience, modern mainstream rap has had the exact aging effect described.

Maybe some boom bap will help keep you young but once you realize how old most of that is, you’ll be feeling old again in no time.

7 Likes

Listening, yeah…sure
Rapping though, uh uh.

1 Like

you’re already a cabbage: nobody listen to rap today.
Maybe you want to try with trap

No

What about Liechtensteinian gangsta rap?

3 Likes

I can’t answer, sorry, I don’t know this reference but I’ll delete my crappy post.

Keep?!

1 Like

Listening to anything that makes you happy will keep you young. Enjoy what you like and ignore what you don’t. It’s all good!

4 Likes

I forbid you!

1 Like

I may be in the minority here but there is some fantastic trap music out there.

1 Like

Don’t crunk and trap owe a lot to Memphis rap?

3 Likes

Not sure to be honest. My kids love it so I’m listening by proxy.

2 Likes

On a somewhat related note my high school art teacher loaned me Einstein on the Beach senior year and whenever I listen to it (which is only a couple times of year by devise) I feel young as hell!

4 Likes

I have often been complimented on my youthful complexion. This thread has made me consider that I may owe my balmy youthfulness to listening to a lot of NWA as a nipper.

5 Likes

I still listen to rap, and I feel young, so anecdotally it is 100% fact.

2 Likes

Shaving the beard can keep you young. Or at least trimming it so short that you can’t braid it anymore.

1 Like

Listening to new (to you) music in any genre will keep you young…

1 Like

I had a Memphis rap day at work last week to educate the youngsters who work for us. It didn’t make me feel young since most of what I played was made before those kids were born. I’ll still be listening to dirty ass rap when I’m 90 though so f*** it.

3 Likes