Cats

Cats are the devil’s work!

This thread is making me wish I wasn’t allergic to the stray that keeps coming to visit us. Been taking Claritin daily but it only seems to do so much. Any tips for dealing with annoying cat allergies when you want a furry friend?

10 Likes

cetirizine hydrochloride Is sooo much better

I don’t have a cat so I feel like a bit of an intruder here however I am still cat-dad to my ex-partners 3 rescues that came here from Serbia. Charlie is the latest who arrived when lockdown eased - he had has jaw rebuilt in Serbia because he’d been kicked in the head by a bastard former owner. Since he got here his damaged eye wasn’t getting any better so here’s a photo of him having just got the stitches out after surgery to remove the eye - you wouldn’t believe how friendly he is given all he’s been through…

28 Likes

You’d be amazed, take the pain away and the cat warms right up.

One of ours had really bad teeth. Doc suggested all the teeth behind the canines should be removed. That’s a lot of teeth. But she was in ruff shape. I feared eating would be a problem. Nope…
And she’s never been more happy and friendly.

3 Likes

Single biggest reason i can’t have a cat, really cool creatures though. I always seem to have a little chats with the local ones who are always busy protecting their territory.

1 Like

This big boy is Potato. Kind of grew into his name. Talkative seven year old from a stray family.

21 Likes

No way! These two are also named Frits (right) and Freddie (left)!

16 Likes

Haha :smiley:
Beauties! :heart:

1 Like

9 Likes

Having returned home after 7 weeks living/working in a ‘Biosecure bubble’ Strange little Chainsaw sat on my lap with her tongue out for about 15 minutes last night! I thought there actually might be something wrong with her but I think she was just letting me know what she thought of my “dessertion”!
She then went and sat with her head out the cat-flap for 20mins! What an oddball.
I’m getting more than my fair share of attention though! And she is getting ridiculous amounts of cuddles! No physical contact apart from the odd elbow pump with anyone/thing, for 7 weeks has been very weird indeed!

16 Likes

This cat is unlike any other.
Always looking for contact with us.
He doesn’t know how to properly meow.
Loves playing, especially with whatever is on a table.

We have much fun watching him live.
Amazed by this bubble of fun.
We love him.

25 Likes

I’m in the same boat and own two of the li’l cuties. I find Nasonex (at least that’s the Australian brand) nasal spray to be the kindest on my body. Oral antihistamines leave me either tired, dehydrated or both.

Just be sure to use it as soon as your friend appears rather than when the allergic symptoms start up.

1 Like

There is indeed something with the Elektron gear that appeal to cats, mine always choose the Analog Four when it come to sleep in the studio. I guess the Elektron box are hot and big enought to support en entire cat :wink:

23 Likes

Black cats are special. I had two and they where both amazing. You’re never bored with them. So affectionate and playful. I can’t have cats anymore (:cry:), my lungs can’t take them no more.

2 Likes

10 Likes

If I ever loose one of my cats, I’ll get another black one for sure.
I just love how affectionate he is!

I feel very sorry for one that can’t have cat due to health issues.
The psychological plus they bring is so valuable.
The continuous impact on my wife and son’s happiness levels was obvious.

5 Likes

So very true!

1 Like

Mmm…keys…

15 Likes

Lovely Calico colouring. I had a Calico before the mottled tortie I’ve got came to live with me. She had such a great temperament too. RIP Ali.

3 Likes