Cats

She looks a bit like op’s!
Cats

Brother and sister, found by the neighbour.

14 Likes

Someone told me once that if a cat has tortie colours (black, white and brown/red) but those colours are in patches against a white background then they’re called a Calico whereas a ‘true’ tortie’s colours are mostly mixed throughout their coat.

God knows what you’d call mine, she’s got the black and brown but no white in her coat. And her markings are closer to what I’d call brindle in a dog! Kind of mottled.

I also read somewhere that torties/Calicos and tabby’s are genetically ‘brother and sister’. The tabby is always male and the tortie is always female. Mutations do occur but those cats are infertile. Don’t know how true it is?

I read cats with these 3 colors were Calico, females most of the time, or sterile males…

2 Likes

Ha ha! We both just said much the same!

2 Likes

Turned the fire on for the first time since last year…and BOOM there he is! Soaking it up

(“turning” the fire on :man_facepalming:t6: )

16 Likes

And there was me thinking it’s was just a Northern UK dialect thing!:joy:

1 Like

Maggie hogging the DT

23 Likes

What a beauty!

She reminds me of my Mae:

10 Likes

Some crate diggin…

17 Likes

It reminds me the times with my Black Cat when I was Djing professionally.

1 Like

lets hope he/she is diggin for samples, not a spot to take care of some business.

Even putting loose effects pedals on top of everything to make it uncomfortable doesn’t seem to work anymore…

11 Likes

It’s their way of saying : " I’m the boss "

2 Likes

Nah i got him covered :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::ok_hand:

1 Like

He’s grown quite a bit since this snap was taken… but it makes me smile every time I see it.

15 Likes

There are two cats in the first picture!

They are brother and sister feral cats we took in about 4 1/2 years ago.

The black one unfortunately died recently from kidney disease :cry: He was only 4 years old, we miss him dearly.

15 Likes

I love black cats! Did you know they are the most passed over cats at shelters? Nobody wants them. They always want cats with pretty stripes or something.

3 Likes

If only they knew!

1 Like

And at the other side in Japan they have a special cafe for Black Cats…:grin:

3 Likes