Cats

Went into my daughter’s bedroom today and saw this:

26 Likes

Your daughter turned into a cat?!? :astonished:

4 Likes

We live in the city so our girls are indoor cats.

I think the cat ate her, unfortunate…

6 Likes

That makes a lot more sense. What was I thinking?

3 Likes

Too bad. This dangerous cat ate my son… :pensive:

27 Likes

Jack Nicholson ?

2 Likes

Dracula?

3 Likes

you know it’s cold when…

12 Likes

She’s hiding :grinning:

18 Likes

Spa day,

21 Likes

29 Likes

We live in a city neighborhood that’s almost all single-family homes with tiny gardens, and not too much traffic. Also, we live close to parks and protected areas where coyotes live (and emerge from to prowl). So there are some risks here for sure, but our cats love the outdoors so much, and frankly, would drive us crazy if we tried to keep them inside all of the time. We just accept the risk, love our furry family members when they are at home, and hope for the best.

Many days at work, my lap looks like this:

26 Likes

One of her most favorite things in the world. :heart_eyes_cat:

33 Likes

My wife and my 2 children they want a cat. I have my Synth, turntable vinyl and mixer in the living room.
I am afraid of the cats, damaging vinyl and equipment. How can i explain my family not to buy a cat? (Or why shouldnt I be afraid?)

I was afraid for my non protected monitoring speakers. No problem yet with 3 cats.
I’m not afraid for my turntable, synths, guitars…

There are turntables for cats ! (No joke)

2 Likes

I’d recommended looking at a senior cat from a rescue centre. There are lots of amazing cats (and dogs) that maybe their owners died, or are unwanted as they are older (I can never understand this), or that unfortunately their owners are struggling financially etc. Most older cats are super chilled, and there’s something really satisfying about giving an older animal a home in their senior years. We got a senior cat 5 years back and it’s the best thing we ever did. She’s about 19 now.

24 Likes

Seriously good advice, and not just because it’s a heroic thing to do to give an adult cat a good home. With kittens, you really don’t know their personalities…with adults you can get a sense of who they are. And they are so appreciative to be in a home with people.

4 Likes

How can i get a sense of who they are?

Are there any animal rescue shelters near you?

If so, they usually will let you meet the cats they have, can often tell you about their history, and you can see if they are friendly or shy, relaxed or active, etc.

2 Likes