Cats

Yes indeed. The balance between protection and liberty is a very important one, not everyone has the same.

Forgot to say, we have a newcomer: meet Triss! She is still a bit scared for nothing, but very attracted to these huge beings that give them food and care.

19 Likes

Black and White !
Whisky or Yin Yang ?

1 Like

The Thinker.

18 Likes

All doing our bit for the cost of living crisis. Pleasantly warming little things, aren’t they?

21 Likes

21 Likes

I prefer Islay whiskies ^^
Yeah, Yin and Yang indeed, although normally black is female, in the Yin/Yang philosophy.
I really like them black and white, it fits pretty well to the eye :eyes:

1 Like

I like Turkish Van cats ( I’m from Vannes), eyes with 2 different colors. They are supposed to like to swim, but this video is not convincing…

2 Likes

The never ending battle for high ground!!

25 Likes

15 Likes

Can I help you?

17 Likes

19 Likes

Yes, unfortunately experienced this firsthand with my parents who live on a farm. They lost 3 of their indoor/outdoor cats to what we assume were coyotes in the space of about a year. And then I had a roommate who wanted to let her cat outside and it was promptly hit by a car, despite being in a relatively quiet neighborhood far back from the main road. Of course it all depends on your specific setting and understanding what the risks are.

I do appreciate @LyingDalai ‘s perspective. They are clearly still natural predators and so curious about the outdoors. As a compromise, we found a cat tent that we set up in our backyard so at least they can experience fresh air and stalk the birds and squirrels without actually being able to get at them on nice days.

1 Like

When they are asleep I am going to go and scratch those black rectangles behind me so they never make noise again :grinning:

2 Likes

Spot Polly!

12 Likes

Left up corner. Not easy, several poly synths…:content:

Would you remind me what’s the little glichy thing above the DN ?

1 Like

This is the Gecho Loop Synth from Gechologic.
A funny little toy, as easy to manipulate than putting your socks on with your teeth, but quite addictive. It has a stereo mike built inside, that’s what you’ll hear in most youtube videos. (Few of them really show the different features of the device, and wrongly give the impression it’s only a delay with a microphone.) I found it more “useful” as a sort of crazy effect module with a synth in the input, or pluging a mike of better quality for entering your voice or traditional instruments. There are four small light sensitive buttons reacting to the distance from the tip of your fingers, they modulate the sounds, that’s very funny to play with. It’s made-to-order in Irland.

The website explain clearly what it is and what it is not:
http://gechologic.com/shop/

3 Likes

Of course, it’s for Tango, right?

18 Likes

Shirley, my best pal
??? - 2023 (think she was 19) :grinning:
RIP

32 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences. Remember her for all the joy and love she gave. :pray::heart:

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss, looks like she was loved.

2 Likes