Chase Bliss Blooper

Super, thank you!

1 Like

4 Likes

The mono thing is starting to get to me. If ever there was a Chase Bliss pedal that would benefit from being stereo, this would be the one.

Whatā€™s the closest I can get to the Blooper experience, if I want it in stereo?

4 Likes

I use it mostly for any of my Mono synthsā€¦but you could go modular.
Make Noise Morphagene.

2 Likes

Guess it depends on what modifiers your using?

I feel the same way. Itā€™s now only used for guitar for me.

Octatrack would cover most of the ground Iā€™d guess but not had a chance to set up my midi (Mc8) controller to try.

Iā€™ve got a horrible feeling I donā€™t want to watch this lol

2 Likes

I agree, the mono is limiting in the Blooper. And itā€™s tough to find something similar, because the Blooper is a nice sum of its parts. It has a looper, it does the dust/degradation thing, and it has the interesting modifiers.

For modifiers, the Octatrack would be great. and there is a lofi effect, but way more complicated than a pedal, haha.

The Hologram Microcosm is interesting. It is stereo, it has a looper, and a nice variety of fx algorithms, that probably remind me a little more of the Mood, but some that may be similar to the Blooper. It wonā€™t get you the dust and degradation of the Blooper though. I have one, and I like it, but have barely scratched the surface as I recently tore down the studio for a move.

I found this video helpful:

2 Likes

Na, donā€™t worry, If uses something small like a nifty case and stick to that, he should be fine.

ā€œIf you just take one puff from this crack pipe, youā€™ll be fineā€ :rofl:

7 Likes

Oooo. Do not tempt me.

Yeah, Iā€™ve been down the Octatrack lane and quite liked those years. But the straight on no nonsense Blooper way of doing it, and the amazing dust and dirt modifiers to boost, thatā€™s what appeals to me.

Iā€™d rather stick to the mono thing that go to something way more advanced. Itā€™s not the features I need, itā€™s the workflow - but stereo then :slight_smile:

2 bloopers ?

Sorry

4 Likes

For those concerned about stereo, you can use a mono send on your mixer, and have it parallel to an otherwise stereo path.

Iā€™ve been doing this in a stripped down fashion with the Radial KeyLargo. The FX loop can be mono, and it brings it back into the stereo path as parallel.

I know itā€™s not the ā€œsameā€ thing as a stereo looperā€¦ but if you already have a mixer, itā€™s cheaper than two Bloopers and some simultaneous MIDI CCs.

1 Like

Itā€™s more that it records in mono. So when I loop my Prophet 12 into it, all that sweet spread and panned delay get lost. Kind of. The Prophetā€™s got a nice mono mode, so I can make it work. But I want that wiiiide field that I get from the original source.

Interesting that you find the Blooper to be easier to use than Octatrack. I donā€™t doubt your words, itā€™s just some peeps on the CBA user group on FB seem to struggle with it.

2 Likes

Well, I consider it very direct. Record something. Fiddle with the modifiers. Overdub if youā€™re happy. Then record something on top of that. And so on, until you got no more layers left.

I do think Chase Bliss is leading us on when they hide their products within the casing of a guitar pedal, though. The execution is clever but itā€™s not like the Blooper or Mood wouldnā€™t benefit times ten from an interface designed to enhance the idea of what these things do, and not force them into a stomp box format.

5 Likes

Been think about the blooper a lot and listening to demos and stuff you all make with it . Iā€™m tempted to try and make a fx rack in ableton to get close to this .

Anyone tried this ? Or a plug-in ?

CXM 1978 was announced as their first stereo pedal.

Their social media posts surrounding this product indicate stereo input effects are new to them. Other than that I have no insight as to whether they have a teasing attitude towards non-guitarist customers.

Sounds like you just need two Bloopers. Maybe you could midi them up to record and control both with one controller. Then, you could make slight changes to each one, and get a real eclectic stereo image.

1 Like

Actually, I want to try that now.

1 Like