Chase Bliss Blooper

You had me at hello.

1 Like

Oh man. Two bloopers. That could be hours of fun

2 Likes

That’s what I would do. I don’t think I would need to Bloop both sides of my nice, high-end synth’s stereo output right away. I’d just try what happens with, say, just the L output of synth.

Two Bloopers would be justified - for me - if my L output sounded radically different from my R output and I really, really wanted to Bloop both sides. But if L and R sounded pretty much the same, just panned hard to L and R, then to me it would be a waste

Keep it low, and try VCV Rack First. All mutable Instrument Module are available there. All stereo, and that should give you some cloudsyish blooper-like fun.
https://library.vcvrack.com/?query=&brand=Audible+Instruments&tag=&license=

Combine with Sampler and Delay modules…

2 Likes

If you’re wanting more straight-ahead phrase looping… I get the stereo thing. Blooper tends to wind up as its own voice, so I have trouble thinking of it as “in the signal path” of a traditional effects patch.

2 Likes

I might just try that. Thanks :blush:

1 Like

It’s not the same, but Bastl Thyme has a lot of similar ideas and can be used for destructive looping like Blooper. This video was really inspiring for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEL0u2dTAt0

3 Likes

Vaclav from Bastl compares the Blooper and Thyme (and the principles of looping in general) here in quite a lot of detail:

8 Likes

Have you guys checked out the newest modifiers yet?
I like stutter.

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_WeN71oAPA

Blooper 3.0 update!

3.0 Overview:
1.) Updated interface (now called BLIP)
2.) FEATURE: additive assist
3.) FEATURE: stability noise slider
4.) NEW MODIFIER: stretcher
5.) NEW MODIFIER: pitcher
6. )NEW MODIFIER: stopper
7.) NEW MODIFIER: chromatic speed

5 Likes

This is quite some update

Yeah, wishing I had one still!

It’s a great update, that goes to show that Chase Bliss need to stop fooling around with the stomp box format and go into a more appropriate interface already. Like them super shiny stereo boxes they’ve made, the pre-amp and the reverb thingy.

Really, I need to fiddle with a computer now to get settings in order, build a bank of modifiers and then back to the computer when I want to use another set of modifiers. I love the generosity of Chase Bliss here, but I do hope they move on to a new platform now, cause their stuff is starting to outgrow the cute suit.

But that rant aside, this is a truly great and impressive update.

4 Likes

Absolutely agree with you. I would buy the Blooper at that price point if it were a desktop stereo unit. The days of me paying that much for mono stompboxes are over, though I really appreciate the design and improvements. Chase Bliss make amazing products.

5 Likes

Thing is, if CB did do this as a desktop stereo version, it would cost as much as an OT. would be nice though :slight_smile:

I struggled making my mind up what modifiers to include on the last update, so it would be a nightmare now lol.

It is great what they’re doing though and nice to see

2 Likes

This is true. A stereo desktop version would probably have automated sliders and cost $1500 or something.

1 Like

Can’t wait to install 3.0

Hi there! New to blooper. Just checking cause it might be user error:

When i record a loop of a synth like op-1, i hit the record button, and the loop starts running after i hit the record button again. All fine.

However, the transition at the end of the loop when it at starts from the beginning again is not smooth, you alway hear a short silence, which makes it barely usable for me.

Is there a remedy for this? How to edit start/end point? How to crop?

you need to change the rec/play/overdub order.
On the back of the blooper there is this dub/play dip switch. switch it.
its NOW recording, with the tap of the button its DIRECTLY doing into overdub… you will have smooth transitions then (for instance for reverb tails or stuff like this)

Edit, its now recording and with the next tap on the foot switch going directly…

stupid autocorrection :wink:

4 Likes

thanks dave! but what if I don’t want to overdub/record a second layer?
will it still loop smoothly?

also see this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/blooper/comments/r6aez3/does_anyone_else_want_playdub_to_work_properly/

even in play dub there seems to be an invevitable click at the seam/transition of endpoint to startpoint?