Chase Bliss effects pedals

Thank you :slight_smile: that’d the Mood MKI you’re hearing, my MKII seems lost somewhere among the Dutch poppy fields :smirk:

How’s yours coming along @MichaalHell - ? I wonder if it’s just taking them some time to find Sweden or something.

1 Like

Seems to be the same here.
My guess is that their tracking has missed it in their system. It will probably pop up once it enters Sweden

1 Like

Yep. From poppy fields to plains of rhye :slightly_smiling_face:

And further on to pine forests

I’d be interested to hear your take on mkii vs mki. Does it carry the same magic, is the mki mode identical to the actual mki etc. etc.

1 Like

If it’s anything like the GenLoss pedal gap from I to II, my MKI will be passed on to one of my friends.

But we’ll see.

Or no we won’t. I’m sure the MKII will be better in every way :smiley:

2 Likes

As this thread is about all of their pedals, I wanted to ask if you know any known artists using their pedals in recordings or live shows. I‘m especially interested in people using the more experimental side of the devices than „just“ a guitarist using their chorus pedal as a regular chorus on stage.

I‘m pretty sure Florist are using some CBA pedals on basically all of their instrumentals/interludes on the latest records. Every other song fits into this category, so lots of them here:

Do you agree or could maybe even name specific pedals? Opener sounds a bit like Thermae to me.

1 Like

Got the Mood MKII. My first results with it -

4 Likes

Just got my MK2 Mood (UK). Wow, that reverb sounds great now! Looking forward to having a proper play this evening

6 Likes

Sorry if this has been asked but does Chase Bliss charge upon ordering or when shipped?

When ordering.

1 Like

I’m sort of hesitant to post my own work because that self-promotion bullshit is gross, but I do agree that there aren’t many releases that I know of that use CB pedals. It feels like it’s mostly just little Instagram snippets from the hashtag everything generation. But I used a bit of Mood on this release and figured I might as well share due to the scarcity of examples. I’m not sure if it qualifies as more experimental side but it’s also not guitar. In fact, I think their pedals are just not meant for guitars at all, at least not the Mood and Blooper that encourage such active play.

5 Likes

Similar to @sellanraa - don’t want to derail or ‘pump up’ my own work but my debut lp from last year wouldn’t exist without MOOD mk1. Specifically MOOD mk1 being sequenced by the Elektron sequencer! A lot of conditional trigs giving a chance to latch the right-footswitch and either parameter locks or MIDI LFO sent to the clock knob, resulting in the ‘bubbling’ and ‘swirls’ heard in the below. If I’m remembering rightly it’s just a mono-synth (Manther) into that, water-y field recordings and maybeee Microcosm but the MOOD is the main event.

3 Likes

Mood’s all over my releases. Could be why I’m selling almost 5-10 albums each time I got something new.

4 Likes

Will continue the train of self-promo (long-time listener, first-time caller): I play guitar in an experimental/post-hardcore band and use a bunch of midi and non-midi pedals (including a few CBA effects) with an Empress ZOIA to send CCs and trigger live events etc.:

4 Likes

NGL, sort of hoping @brucegill hates the new Mood so I can also buy if from them.

2 Likes

Just saw this last night

11 Likes

Lol

⇒ Music meme thread!

I’m just gonna … yeah … -

6 Likes

For ambient music, the Mood seems to be the thing. I have trouble imagining it for any other music. It could probably sound great with an electronic piano sound, but beyond?