Chase Bliss Generation Loss MKII

#151. Very excited.

Yay, #22XX just shipped yesterday, due here (Sydney) on Wednesday.
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: same day I start a new job after a few weeks break.

Pretty much intend leaving the GenLoss on the 1010 Blackbox, but concerned about the Blackbox’s output level. Anyone using Chase Bliss effects with the Blackbox know if it’s too hot?

1 Like

#17XX recieved mine yesterday (sydney). The tracking said expect it Monday so fingers crossed for you.

I had a quick noodle with guitar last night and it absolutely does what it says on the box, am looking forward to really digging into it.

According the manual theres gain adjustment, not sure if it can attenuate. Other CBA pedals have a trimmer u can adjust inside but Im hoping CBA has seen the light re accomodating line level signals

1 Like

The blackbox is pretty hot if you are tryign to run direct in to the chase bliss without a mixer in between. I don’t have a BB anymore but recall it being a bit tricky trying to go straight in to the mood.

1 Like

Just got mine today and tested it on guitar and Model:Samples. It can sort of work as a competitor to the Analog Heat.

I find myself turning Noise and Failure off, Wow and Flutter between off and 9 o’clock, then just dialing in Saturation and messing with different Models.

The Classic mode sounds just like the original Gen Loss but I haven’t found much use for it given how much better/different the MKII is.

Sound quality is excellent. I find it more useful as a subtle tape saturator/filter than a whacky lo-fi noise generator. I’m using it like one would use a UAD tape machine plugin, RC-20, or Analog Heat character and filter.

It’s one of a kind at doing the whacky lo-fi broken tape thing but I see that being more useful for film, TV show, or game production trying to get the vibe of a certain time period than for straight up original music. I’m sure people will find lots of musical uses for it though. I think it lives up to the hype.

8 Likes

That would be fun to put this after a delay, I guess ^^

1 Like

Thank you very much for the insight. This use case of using it for subtle saturation (with maybe a slight warble) was exactly what I was hoping this machine would do. Now if I could just get that tracking number.

Hey yeh, same goes for reverb. Otherwise, you’d get echos and reverb trails of the GL’s artifacts (although that wouldnt be so bad), rather than the echos and reverb being chewed up.

Neat, since my Ventris has excellent Gain control, I can shave some edge off the Blackbox before going into the GenLoss.

1 Like

I don’t have an “actual” gen loss, but I do have a CooperFX Arcades with the Gen Loss card (also made by Tom, who is now at Chase Bliss). I played around for a while before finally deciding to actually put it at the end of my chain, even after my reverb, but I know everyone has their own opinions on it!

2 Likes

Ok mine just got here and this is only after an hour or so of playing with it
But this is a super fun pedal. I can already tell is is just going to breed creativity for me. It’s very useful just as a saturation machine, almost got some overdrive harmonics out of it if you push the right tones into it

It obviously nails the advertised sounds when using it at lighter settings but honestly pushing all the individual settings and see where it takes you is going to lead to the most reusability for me. I am planning on just stacking it with other sounds and sample as opposed to a live send effect.

My only issues / wish list so far
The dry switch is fine, but I think I would have rathered just a shift function on the level knob for a more dialed in mix. This is still super easy to use with the switch, I just don’t see any benefits to it having its own switch as it’s not really a tweak able or performative setting but someone prove me wrong :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lastly I would love to see the addition of some kind of “Pre Delay” type setting on the failure setting. Thinking something similar to how it works on a reverb pedal.
I get what that knob is mimic but sonically when it’s turn up it would be more satisfying to me if the first second of an incoming sound would not fail. Again the idea of being able to dial it in, with the ability to turn it off letting it just fail randomly as it does now, would be just amazing

3 Likes

Some videos are dropping at an incredible rate. I think this pedal will be outdated by the time I get mine ^^

6 Likes

I love that an effect designed to evoke nostalgia could be outdated.

13 Likes

:grin:

1 Like

Still no shipping date for the old ghost :ghost:

It’s probably one of their most popular pedals to date, so I’m not really surprised by the sheer amount of videos already out there!

1 Like

Can anyone answer please? :pray:

1 Like

Do not know for sure, but I would assume yes (note, Their support is super responsive to email of you email directly, too)

1 Like

Maybe best to ask Chase Bliss!

1 Like

any europeans already got theirs? no shipping notification here…

Nope. #476 on first batch.