Chase Bliss Generation Loss MKII

I like Ricky‘s videos quite a lot, but he has a habit of just not researching pretty basic things before publishing a video. I can’t think of a specific examples but it happens quite a bit.

1 Like

No double notes here.

2 Likes

Yeah, i just listened to other demos with drums and bass heavy material. I think it must be his setup.

1 Like

Finally a stereo pedal, oh crap… Aaaargh. :sweat_smile:
Sounds incredible, this is gonna cost me.

1 Like

oh yes good idea.
I am pretty sure there is a stereo spread option that can be bypassed. it is totally possible that this option is applied on the dry signal path too, as some chase bliss pedal do.

having a doubling while mixing the dry and wet together feels totally normal to me, as there must be some latency to process the signal on the wet side.

1 Like

looking forward to a fellow elektronaut doing some tests on his/her genloss MKII, to debunk (or confirm) Ricky Tinez assumptions/statements!

5 Likes

Yes, their customer support is second to none. My second hand Blooper started acting up, and CBA paid for shipping and repairs to and from Sweden.

So, what’s the latest order number in the EU to have received a shipping alert? I’m at #476 and no alert yet.

1 Like

Hmmmm. Uk and order #171. Nothing. No emails. No updates.

#200 and mine came in the mail today. but I’m in amsterdam! their EU EQ is here. might take longer to UK (post brexit)

2 Likes

They might have to spend time chilling in customs, too.

Nice! I’m #3673 so hopefully that means either late this week or early next week for me :smiley:

I posteted rickys video with low cut on a guitar forum:
here the link to the thread

where also chasebliss answered

11 Likes

Surprising.
Well, thank you Ricky, then! My apologies for doubting about you!

3 Likes

I wanted to know what DSP bypass mode meant. In the manual i found this:

DSP Bypass on, MISO on or off
Digital bypass on both channels.
Digital through on both channels.

Whatever that means. :slight_smile:

So Ricky Tinez was using a different bypass mode than the guys from the other demos?

update from TGP:

8 Likes

Mine arrived today. Played with it briefly, just running the microfreak through it. There’s maybe a little bit of bass attenuation, but I didn’t test extensively by any means. The saturation sounds really really good, especially with the reel-to-reel model. The dropouts can become some kind of stereo splitting effect according to the field guide, I’m pretty stoked to play with that once I get some Y adaptors.

I’ll run some drums through later if I remember.

4 Likes

Here’s uh a gen loss pre fx (first) and post fx (second) demo and totally not an excuse to post random noodle

9 Likes

I didn’t watch this video by whoever Ricky Tins is, but I barely hear a low cut on guitar. I kind of notice it on synth at the low end, but appreciate that because generation loss and widdlywobbles between C0 and C3 would definitely sound kind of shit anyway. A happy mistake if my grandiose opinion is important to anyone.

After all the shits and giggles are expelled from my system, I’ll pretty much be sampling a few gigs of vocals that’ll be mic amp low-cut at 80dB anyway. And ultimately, mixed with bass and percussion tracks populating the low end, so no muddy mix, win-win!

Edit: Just realised it’s called “Generation Loss”.

1 Like

I know it is called “generation loss” . but they modeled different VHS, Real-To-Reel and cassette-recorders. I would only expect a low (and hi cut) for the relevant models, not a general low cut -especially not in the “no model” setting.

here their advertising:

I know its often easier to mix tracks when they are EQed, and i would not care if i would only use the unit for my guitar or vocals.

But in the end I want to decide myself where I want the low cut.
I need the low end for subtle (but 100% wet) FX with Bass, Drums , Deep Synths, Submix, final Mix …

I really hope they will fix it in the future.

Doesn’t seem to be in their DNA to keep identified and publicly acknowledged bugs in their pedals.
Plus the effect is not present when in true bypass.