Chase Bliss Generation Loss MKII

Any info on the import duties to the UK?

”Customers in the EU, UK, Norway and Switzerland get free shipping and VAT included pricing.”

1 Like

It’s coming via DPD which I’ve never seen used for an international delivery to UK. Fingers crossed nothing additional to pay in fees…

1 Like

VAT is something else than import duties… i fear?

1 Like

I recently had a watch delivered from Switzerland to uk.

No VAT at point of purchase but then got messaged direct from dpd that there was tax to pay before they could deliver.

long live brexit

It’s the same for ANYONE not in the EU

Anyone know when the next batch will be out to order? :sweat_smile:
Edit: never mind i see its on pre-order now on there site; Ships late January to early March.

Played a show on Sunday with Gen Loss and I’m loving this pedal. It sounded great on the PA system and it’s super playable. There’s a nice easily accessible range of mild saturation and processing up to complete destruction. It was a quad show, so I mostly ran it completely wet into 2 channels and adjusted wet/dry in my quad mix. The only thing I need to sort out is having a sequencer select the tape program I need, instead of hunting around while the sound is live. That worked fine for the set I did since I went kind of crazy with it, but I’d like to have more control in the future.

5 Likes

Some new exciting info from @chasebliss (in case you’re not subscribed to their mailing list).

https://mailchi.mp/chaseblissaudio/direct-orders-are-open

3 Likes

Remember that you have two memory slots.
That’s not much, but it’s good Thor for sharp transitions.

But yeah, next step is midi.

2 Likes

Thanks–I was thinking about setting up the 2 presets, but I’m still learning how the parameters interact, so I didn’t want to be disoriented by the disconnect between knob position and the presets. I was ordering the CB Midibox yesterday and noticed they also have a Faves mini-pedal that stores 6 presets, so I picked that up too. I just got a MIDI to CV module too, so I’m interested in seeing how the Syntakt does at sequencing pedals/fx as well as the modular.

A Marvel fan.

2 Likes

Whoohoo, spent some time with the GenLoss on the Strega, what a beauty!
This pedal really has a lot of character!

2 Likes

Power supply question … since it didn’t come with power supply, is it OK to use a Strymon power supply rated at 660 mA? I assume so, but I don’t like making $400 assumptions.

Yes its fine. It will only take the amps it needs so it doesnt matter if the power supply amps is higher than the pedal requirements. 9 Volts DC and centre pin negative are the things to double check.

4 Likes

Got mine today, been playing with it on guitar and synth stuff!

4 Likes

Got it all set with my rig.

Right now the signal path is helix fx loop goes into the patchulator, then from there into zoia, then mood, then gen loss mk2, then blooper, then habit and back into helix fx loop, and im ok with that but im thinking i may want to move gen loss 2 in front of all of them so any loopers can grab the sound, not sure yet. Also have a mpc one into helix that goes through all of these pedals too for synths and samples etc.

However I do miss my elektron boxes… but only the digitone and syntakt the most. Maybe some day I’ll get them back again!

7 Likes

:dizzy_face: This looks like the paradise of glitchy randomness. Love it!
I really enjoy my Mood pedal and can only try to imagine what sounds you will come up with this setup.

1 Like

I’m actually struggling to connect with this pedal a little. I’ve only used it a bit since I got it last week and it sounds great. I’m just not vibing with it so far. I’ll give it a bit more time. I Think all the components sound great (saturation is especially good) but the total of it just makes me wonder how to effectively use it.

5 Likes