Chase Bliss & Meris CXM 1978 - a reverb, that is

muting this thread to avoid doing something foolish

13 Likes

Don’t worry about it, I’ll PM you my experiences with it if I decide to try one out. I’m here for you, mate.

:nerd_face:

2 Likes

I laughed when I checked the price …for the bad choices I made in my life ( nervously self-conscioused lol)

Yeah, fortunately, my judgement in these matters is abysmally bad, so I’m probably gonna go for this and then afterwards wonder why I never learn, until I go for it again.

It’s a reverb box that sounds nice and costs appx 1000 euros.
Some people need to wake up already.

1 Like

I was referring to myself and my compulsions which I am paying for…if you got it might as well splurge…the pedal is for the bedroom producer ( studios spend thousands on gears) who can afford it.

1 Like

Yeah, I felt a kindred spirit there :slight_smile: haven’t got it yet, will borrow before I buy. But I don’t own many external fx boxes and the few I do, would have to leave if I got this one. I like the idea of going all in with a flexible enough box and just color it all over a complete suite of work. I’d rather have one killer fx and just accept that it only does a thing or two really well, and use that as a coherent character over a batch of sessions, than mix and match between lots of boxes.

2 Likes

Did you see the pedal show call it unequivocally the best reverb pedal they’ve ever heard? And extoll the UI?

Sorry…

at least you have thought it through and have a purpose and plan. I was with the mind set of " this price is a deal" and ended up with a collection of gears (which I have not “fully” mastered)…

I did not.

Yet.

(tells kids Christmas is cancelled - as the years pass, they will understand and forgive)

1 Like

Fixed.

1 Like

I’ll fund the sessions with my future self’s posting of my Chase Bliss & Meris CXM 1978 pedal on Reverb.

2 Likes

I’ve come to my senses now. Won’t be going for this. I’m not into delay and reverb much at all these days. Almost got swept away there by the Chase Bliss awesome but then listened to a few of the demos I’m working on and realised, I’m working towards a close and intimate sound now. So if I’m going for a box now, it’d be an Oto Boum.

2 Likes

Ricky does a great demo as usual.

This gave me some GAS, the thing is just too damn expensive

4 Likes

Sometimes I think that an Eventide H9000R makes more sense, in my case, than this.

I don’t get why ppl struggle with the price.
Lexicon PCM $1800,
Bricasti Model 7 $3400
Dedicated hardware reverbs aren’t cheap. If you weight up what you’re getting it’s probably about the right price.
Is it because of it’s pedal format?

1 Like

Yes I would say so, and without the “legacy brand “ pricing initiated in the 70s/80s which eventide/bricati/lexicon etc have.
Point well made though if it can compete in that arena it can support that price tag

1 Like

I agree in regards to legacy, I feel CB have this within their world. The guitarists who this is primarily aimed at often use rackmount reverb units in the studio, so this represents a comparable product that can be used in both the studio and on stage, side note Sony entered the reverb market in 1981 with the DRE-2000 which went for around $15,000 lol.

If nothing else, this goes to show, Tinez does the best videos. Great music, honest character and really passionate about what he does. I go to Loopop for features and Tinez for an actual idea on use and performance.

8 Likes

…And to your practical Test Review for a Final Buyers decision. :wink:

1 Like