Chase Bliss & Meris CXM 1978 - a reverb, that is

I recommend checking out Megaverb. Not the most flexible reverb but smooth parameter changes are a part of all Goodhertz plugins.

I have come to like Mood’s reverb a whole lot for what it is, and found I get close enough to BBD delay sounds with low clock rates that I can get by without another pedal for that. Hope you enjoy your next go with it!

3 Likes

Yeah. I dont like hidden parameters. I have mapped them on my Force, so i kind of have direct access to them. But its not the same as dedicated knobs. I would almost prefer that those parameters wherent there to begin with. hehe.

1 Like

It is a bit of a CB best off. Looper and fx from
Blooper, reverb from Dark Reverb and delay from Tonal Recall. Obviously with close to no tweaks in comparison, but the character from all modules is there.

1 Like

damn, i own almost every Goodhertz plugin and like em a lot, but i did not check this one. thank you! i will try

EDIT : just demoed megaverb. really nice plugin! there is a creative gate and some tasty parameters, but it is not really a “live performer”.
I’m checking OTO Bam right now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I caved.

Here’s the first result of it -

12 Likes

:open_mouth:

You’ve been busy, sir! Very nice exploration there. What do you think, now that it’s in hand?

1 Like

Love it. Keeping it. Maybe forever :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m still recovering from the P12. Don’t make me mute you! :joy:

3 Likes

Haha, well said! I’m thinking the same as regards the Prophet 5 thread. My reverb setup is finished! :wink:

1 Like

I’ve never really had a dedicated reverb before. I’m hoping this is my first and last :blush:

1 Like

This one’s full of surprises. The bass not only enhances the lower frequencies from the reverb, it actually adds some weight as well. And if you slam this one in Hall mode and apply LoFi mode on the clock setting, you get a delay with little trails bouncing around it. Do that subtle, and it’s not just a reverb, it’s kind of a room enhancer all around.

A very brief demo of what I mean - Prophet 12 on synths, otherwise it’s just the CXM at work here.

3 Likes

Here, I used it more with care, still on the master, but man, does it add space -

6 Likes

Outstanding!

Don’t know why but right before clicking play I found myself thinking ”ok, let’s see what he’s got”. Pressed ’like’ after six seconds. :rofl:

Is this P5, P12 or both?

1 Like

:heart:

Both :blush: loops and drones are P5 through the Chase Bliss Mood, and the strings are live from the P12.

1 Like

This is great, sir. It also reminds me of our different styles. It’s great how there are many ways to create / be creative.

1 Like

:pray::heart:

Also, I’ve been wondering – where do you have the CXM connected? Is it on Master Insert of the SiX, or are you routing the SiX output through the CXM and then into your recording device? Or, is it some other solution? Are you having any issues with clipping on the inputs of the CXM? I’m still finding it somewhat difficult to integrate some FX on the SiX, due to hot outputs (I think).

1 Like

I have mine as send and return on a MOTU interface and have managed to (surprisingly) get it to distort. It seems that the distortion is more based on the feedback “in the tank” as it were. I wasn’t getting distortion on the input but as the feedback continued to grow it started to clip and it wasn’t pleasant - seems there is no limited built in. I had to dial the inlut volume back on my synth channel 8-12dB to prevent this on long tail/high feedback. Didn’t have it on every instance.

I will also say that if you are considering this pedal take a look at the UAD Golden. I got it about a week after I got CXM and would say it’s 80-90% there for less than half the price (plus beautiful spring and plate reverbs)(unless you specifically want balanced connections, faders, or an $80 deck saver).

2 Likes

Hey, I keep it on the master output from the SiX, into the Zoom for recording. I’ve not found issues with clipping, though as @IMA_JRK points out, the tails can become nasty if you don’t watch what you’re doing.

1 Like