Cheesy instruments Live Mastering Chain

Cool, can’t wait :slight_smile:
It would free up my Heat to be used as a creative tool during live sets so I hope I gel with it!

I’d first have to check it out and will share my thoughts after that. One thing to add would be a switchable HP on the compressor so it responds a bit less heavy to sub frequencies. Something like 50hz 70hz 100hz.

1 Like

Curious for its standard behavior there, indeed.

1 Like

I asked. Currently there’s none. But apparently it’s a very gentle compressor. So might be fine

1 Like

Where did you contact them? I tried on Messenger with no luck so far (i don’t use IG).

I’m also intrigued. Please post some sound if you find the time !

If the signal level chain is well designed it should be the easiest thing to split (cut or scratch) the connecting wires and install input and output jacks for every part and use it like a modular.

The whole thing looks nice and is much too cheap. I can imagine many guys that are able to will give a small tip…

1 Like

I also ordered one yesterday as I am intrigued by the portability of the device and the sonic possibilities. On a couple of occasions I was playing inbetween dj-sets and I was constantly losing the loudness war and perceived lack of depth compared to mastered tracks. A nice limiter, some multiband compression and some master eq solves most of the issues but it is sometimes hard to do a proper soundcheck in advance at certain venues so bringing a complex master bus “mastering” chain to a local techo event is proven to be a bit cumbersome.

I am aiming to hook it up to my Pulsar/Lyra8/octa combo for some deep tech house jams.

I asked for a possible headphone monitoring output since this will probably go on the master bus to the PA and considering a live setup I like to have the final signal in my headphones when jamming live. He was going to test it on some next builds.

When I receive the unit I will test and compare it to some different other master bus setups I am occasionally using: FMR RNC, Mod duo X running a mastering plugin and a Finalizer 96k. I will give you guys some feedback when it comes in but considering the popularity of the device in these last days I am expecting that it might take some time :smiley:.

9 Likes

This is the experiment we all want.

Next we need Stimming to review it :rofl:

9 Likes

Just out of curiosity what are analog tape saturators that don’t use tape? I think that the dust collector fx unit had them also, but yeah what actually is it?

A digital hardware mastering chain I recently came across is the golden master from endorphines, I imagine a 4ms pod case plus that and some euro/line conversion module might be a tempting tiny solution for some. Not sure what the over all consensus on that module is though.

I never tried the Golden Master in person but there’s been a few complaints about latest Endorphines modules being noisy.
For a similar role in eurorack I’ve been using a combination of WMD’s MSCL and SCLPL (compressor and eq) and knob.farm Ooots (saturation, tilt eq and balanced line level output) with excellent results.

Any news of the product? Something to listen to? Any way to contact the maker apart from Instagram?

2 Likes

@Daflex2020 Did you receive/use the unit? Any thoughts? Would you recommend it?

Mine is being assembled as we speak. Think I’ll receive it next month probably. Will report back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you contact the maker through Instagram?

Yeah. He was away for a few weeks though and a couple of days ago he said he’s starting the assembly of my unit.

1 Like

I tried again through Facebook since i don’t use Instagram, let’s see. I’m eager to get feedbacks :wink:

Same here, he mentioned that he got married a couple of weeks ago and has taken some time off. He promised to finish the unit and send some audio samples soon. I will update when it arrives.

4 Likes

I remain extremely curious and await you guys’ assessment with 'bated breath.

Price has rised up, inflation is everywhere at the moment :wink:
250€ which is 266 USD, that’s +33%.

1 Like

Any news about this device? Can someone send me an email address via pm, please?
Thanks! :slight_smile:

Edit: received, thanks!

1 Like