Cirklon V2

You’ll get there soon enough. I believe they have ramped up production a little bit cause the batch before me they said they’d have 50 at the end of September. This seems to be quicker than I remembered it being when I signed up.

Something I wish I did while waiting was read through the manual to understand the general workflow and big concepts. It’s hard to go through it without one in front of you, but if you could get the big ideas like Accumulators (which is like a For loop applied to a pattern if you’re into programming) and what can be done with a pattern in general I think it would help a lot. I still need to go through the last portion of it cause it just got real heady by then in one day. You could skim the nitty gritty stuff like button combos etc, but just being able to sit down with it and think I want to do X, then you would already know if it could be done or not and reference the manual when needed I think is a powerful thing.

And for the record, it’s way easier to learn than Octatrack :joy: which is also one of my fav machines, but only after many years. Point being if you can Octatrack, you can Cirklon no prob.

3 Likes

For my musical taste the vid you posted here is the standout. I’m not really a techno guy :slight_smile:

Good stuff man!

1 Like

yeah I like to say “when you wonder ‘can the Cirklon do X…?’ the answer is always ‘yes’”

looks BAD ASS with the black buttons. nice!

2 Likes

hahaha this is true! “Hey Cirklon…”

1 Like

Oh cool man thank you! It’s funny you say that cause the melodic stuff is really easy to sequence vs anything else I’ve used other than a DAW. So in a way it’s drawing out explorations into those Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin etc vibes instead of the usual :boot:s and :cat2: s. Anyways, I’m excited for you to get one :sunglasses:

1 Like

did you hook a master midi controller up yet? or use a synth that you’re otherwise sequencing; it’ll be fine too. I love that you can hit record while it’s stopped and when it receives the first midi note from the controller/synth, the sequence starts playing back and recording. awesome for writing melodies. well, ones that start on the first beat anyway…

1 Like

I haven’t, but should! Learn something every day!

The ‘start on note’ record method was something I always loved about Dr T’s KCS. So it had to be in there.

1 Like

Finally, after 2 years and a half waiting … it is now my turn on the list!!
Big ouch to my bank account but I am very excited! can’t wait to receive the beast :star_struck:

15 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

congrats! you’ll love it!

there’s a line within the V2 release thread over at the Sequentix forum that’s cracking me up… dude talking about how he’s starting to gauge his waiting time for a Cirklon against the number of relationships he’s had in the meantime. he’s on one fiancee and two long term girlfriends… :rofl:

11 Likes

When did you join the list? This makes me think my turn might be coming up

1 Like

Yeah, just realised I’m also at about two and a half years.

From the forums, they’re now up to July 2017. So still another year of preorders to get through before I’m up. Phew!

2 Likes

Ah, yep, I’m July 2018. “The current waiting time is around one year” says the email…

3 Likes

Lol. To be fair it has taken me three years to save up the money…

3 Likes

I’ll probably get into producing folk music by the time my number gets called. Haha

5 Likes

the 17th of July, 2017

1 Like

well, during the waiting I briefly flirted with an Octatrack and a Polyend Seq, then engaged a Squid :grin:
I must confess I plan to try ménage à trois :grimacing:

2 Likes

I met this Parisienne girl named Squarp Pyramid and we WhatsApp almost everyday. This is like trying to get into an exclusive techno club in Berlin to only wait and wait.

But overall the pyramid is keeping me occupied and creating so when my number comes up I may bite still just for the sake of trying it out.

1 Like