Cirklon V2

Here you go! Sequentix Cirklon review – rozzer.net

2 Likes

I think that’s incorrect. As far as I know, anyone can get on the waiting list for the upgrade, and this code identifies the serial number of the Cirklon 1 mainboard in order to ensure that the upgrade maintains the Cirklon’s serial number when installed. The code is only required when ordering/paying for the upgrade kit.

From Colin on the Sequentix forum:

This build also includes the upgrade codes that will be needed when ordering a Cirklon 2 upgrade kit.
Note that upgrade orders aren’t open yet, the first trial batch will shortly be offered by email.
To find your code, you need to press MENU in play mode, then hold SHIFT and press encoder 7 (edtrk thru) to access the page that previously showed the unit serial number and OS version.
This page now includes the upgrade code unique to each unit.
The code will ensure the correct serial number is applied to your CK2 mainboard (serial numbers will carry over), only one upgrade can be ordered per machine, and only the current owner of a machine can order the upgrade.

1 Like

Thank you and where are you finding that waiting list?

It’s compiled from posts by Sequentix on the Sequentix forum.

1 Like

Funny – I was just looking in the Cirklon section of that forum and scrutinizing a 93-page thread on the waiting list before I asked.

Thanks.

If you have a sync box like the (now out of production Sync Gen II), you can have excellent sync between DAW + Cirklon and other hardware sequencers.

These sync devices typically use an audio pulse from the DAW that is converted to MIDI clock / Din Sync etc. Audio, of course, must be sample accurate or you could not mix reliably … so It’s a pretty flawless method of syncing.

Actually I used to have Sync Gen II way in the past… i think it was around 2013 or 14. I eventually have sold it because i didn’t know i would have cirklon in my arsenal… It seems today’s best option is ACME-4 but it’s all out of stock. maybe i will just keep recording into DAW and time align manually

So does this affect those that have been on the list for a long time. Meaning, if V1s are getting to upgrade, does that push back wait times for new users waiting?

I have no idea, haven’t contacted them yet but I would guess it’s factored in to their capacity planning …

I think I’ve got approximately 2 more years to go anyways :slight_smile:

Time enough to find a job. And legally get thru NGNY22 and possibly 23

Barely any upgrade kits have been issued so far. Upgrade kits are not so far a factor on producing new Cirklons.

You should read Colin’s posts on the Sequentix forum:

While we have plenty stock for mainboards at the moment, if the current massive lead times are going to continue for the rest of this year, I may need to limit how many mainboards are used for upgrades if it means we can’t build enough Cirklons.

2 Likes

I can’t read :frowning:

:thinking::grin:

[I will. Thanks. I honestly forget about that. It’s been so long since I logged on there]

I got the confirmation that I’m the waiting list January 8th, 2021, so just a little over a year ago. Sounds like I’m probably due sometime during 2024. That’s assuming production remains consistent and they’re able to maintain component supplies.

I sort of forget about it for the most part until I see this thread pop up. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

if its any guage of the wait…

i got a cirklon v1 way back when. I joined the list in 2015, and received it in 2018…
this was before they moved to the new location, so i dunno how much production was able to ramp up during that time.

3 years sounds about right. Id imagine a lot of people on the wait list drop out due to changing their minds.

not sure why tho. you coudl just get it and flip it immediately within a day (for a profit) or speed up someone elses wait. that list is also a lot longer than it was back then.

I’d guess the sorts who have $2-3k cash in hand at any given time probably don’t need to “flip” a Cirklon v2 and deal with that wait and potential frustration for a moderate sum.

It’s got to be a nonzero number of persons who do, but there are better ways to make a buck if your finances are good.

i got plenty of heads up when my number was going to be called. More than 6 months, and updated a couple time when it got closer.
I only made 600 on my v1 when I sold it years ago, and I was the lowest one on reverb at the time by a long shot.
(i cant say i miss the cirklon)

3 Likes

I have done all of this and while I really enjoyed making some tracks on the cirklon, its a very expensive device. I really liked it but I would consider it a luxury purchase. When I needed money it was a quick sale for me. I will say that once I sequenced a song from start to finish, with automation and everything, it was highly satisfying to hit record and have it all track into my DAW. That said, it’s really no different than printing to audio in a DAW and I do highly suggest a sync box which can add another $500+ to the cost if you get an ERM.

I have definitely considered getting a v2 since I am on the list, but over time that urge has dwindled. Why? As much as I value not being on a computer, I value portability even more. the cirklon basically grounds you to your studio and lately I have really enjoyed working on my laptop or tracker in the sun and going to my studio mainly to play my synths and patch and sample them.

Additionally all the cool sequencing that the Cirklon does I have found a M4L plugin for. Euclidian, random, acid lines, you name it.

So yeah, while the the DAW is not sexy and cool looking like a Cirklon, my new MacBook Pro kinda is, and its so fast and easy to get music done, which is my main goal.

Anyway my 2 cents as someone who has owned and made tracks with a Cirklon. I really think its a fantastic device, but for me firmly filed into the “luxury” category.

10 Likes

BassesAndPads:

Thanks for your pragmatic and reasonable response. I’ll think about those factors.

I thought about the lack of portability, too, when I first signed up for the Cyklon. The bulk does seem an anachronism in these days of ever more potent miniaturization. Then again, so does the size of the RYTM Mk II and I happen to love mine. But it’s true that I don’t have a lot of space, so you might be right.

I don’t have M4L myself, but I’m thinking about upgrading to Live Suite with the next version of Ableton. So I’m wondering which M4L plugin you meant when you said it gives you that satisfying Cirklon feeling.

1 Like