Cirklon V2

Unsure if I should be offended or congratulated. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

No offense intended.
Just a semi-serious observation :wink:

2 Likes

I wasn’t offended… but it did hit pretty close to home. :laughing: :rofl:

2 Likes

A printed circuit board feels crap compared to machined tooling of yesteryear. Like the interior of a grand piano. I dont feel any excitement about whats under the hood. They do the job but there is not the same sense of wonder. Especially when breaking them apart. I guess i prefer my money to go to a skilled artisan than a computer generated board maker. Just me though as im sure someone into micro electronics would be excited in a different type of way.

2 Likes

Oh I understand! Totally get that.
Mechanics have a mysterious vibe to them,
like the marble machine.

you will be very surprised when you break apart some very expensive high end hifi audio equipments. :slight_smile:

I mean if you want to hand etch and sandwich multilayer boards yourself you can still do so :stuck_out_tongue:

Ugly, :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Here’s a more fun question, what artisans ARE doing hand traced boards? Someone like Folktek?

1 Like

Cirklon is designed entirely by one man. from circuits to code. is that “artisanal” enough for you?

3 Likes

Not small batch, hand etched or artesanal enough?

1 Like

Just dont get a buzz when you peep inside. Hats off to the dude though.

I think the problem is big box with tiny guts.
It feels like it should be stuffed with….stuff.
Big sounds from a tiny little board.

1 Like

But is it free range???

2 Likes

His name is Colin and he is very well taken care of.

On that note I preordered a Euterpe Vertice, a name was required from me to begin putting it together and will be engraved onto the side, I bet it’ll be beautiful inside and everything so desired, but i expect that more from instrument than a utilitarian sequencer.

The magic for logic happens in the code (which may also be beautiful, i haven’t reviewed it!) less so any analog component selection.

I am certain there are many others keeping that dream alive, but you have to intentionally seek out the smaller independent operators that work at their own pace and do not “scale up”.

I imagine you’ll also pay through the nose and receive something far less feature dense than the Cirklon!

Yup. Im on the waiting list. Better if i dont know whats under the hood. Superficial guy me🥴

1 Like

it’s a sequencer. it’s literally just some chips with code on them, and some buttons and pots to control the code. not sure what you expected to see… a little magic gremlin running around pushing beads on an abacus?

2 Likes

Aesthetics laddy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I would pay more for abacus gremlin, for sure.

2 Likes

Maybe they’d rather have it constructed with discreet components on turret-boards. Of course, it would be 10x bigger and 20x more expensive.

1 Like