Cirklon V2

didn’t want to put my name on the waiting list but figure by the time its my turn i’ll know whether Hapax is ever going to have a proper song mode

archive.org snapshot from last August.

1 Like

Are Behringer prototyping?

I would do it. I tried to get my name on a waitlist for two Helios Olympic 65 mic preamps and they are so backlogged that they stopped taking names on the waitlist.

Just got my order in… joined WL in 2018. C ya!

4 Likes

I should be coming up on it fairly soon. I’ve found, purchased, and upgraded one to V2 since I got on the list. I’ll have to decide then to: A) purchase it anyway as a backup or in case I decide I’m Aphex Twin and I need a bedroom studio too :rofl:, B) sell it at a huge markup, C) offer to get it for someone else at-cost, or D) pass on it entirely and let the next person in line move forward.

D is probably the appropriate answer.

4 Likes

I got back on the 3 year waiting list for a Cirklon. I figure it gives me lot of time to avoid buying gear and learn my Hapax and other synths.

1 Like

If I may ask, what date? :slight_smile: I’m not expecting it for a few months probably as I signed up closer to mid-2019, but I’m curious.

im still waiting for my v2 upgrade kit, it been almost 3 years.

They’ve not been shipping them that long though have they? Got mine a year ago and I think I was quite close to the top of the list (admittedly the list did open ages ago - def pre. COVID)

2 Likes

Hey, update. I got my Cirklon about a week ago, they put the black key caps on it and also gave me the white caps in a little baggie. This machine is magical, it’s so quick to make patterns and it inspires me to use it more. It feels natural, although I definitely still have alot to learn about it.

3 Likes

Now that I have the Cirklon with the black key caps I can say for certain that it looks so awesome, especially in person. It makes it look more modern as well.

2 Likes

For those that don’t take advantage of all the aux stuff, the biggest advantage of the Cirklon for me, along with just having a slightly different (often slower!) workflow, is the timing. It’s really just crazy how tight it is compared to any setting I’ve encountered.

3 Likes

I know time is dilated a bit but has it even been a year? They announced it in 2019, sure.

Yeah I had to check because of the disorienting weirdness of pandemic time. Got the email from Barbara Feb ‘22.

1 Like

The lack of ritual to mark the passing of time, like… achievable estimates from preorders?

1 Like

Honestly don’t recall. Fall 2018? I’m much older now

1 Like

Pretty sure I’m at 4 years now of waiting, not had any emails since my initial one

around the four year mark I emailed them, and received a response, saying I was about 9 months out. 12? months later, got the email saying my time had come

Opted for CVIO option w/ breakout box, swiss pear cheeks. I don’t think the black keys make it look modern, the Commodore 64 had black keys. Prefer the white keys for accessibility and for “pop”. Got a couple tee shirts for the kids, they are very nicely priced.

2 Likes