Cirklon V2

There is a lack of argument Fotopaul.
Professional in your way means to serve a professional supply chain in a production process (music making). This equals - if you want to build a car and serve the market, you have to rely on professional supply chains, otherwise you can`t satisfy your customers and strenghen the competitve others. Music making, and the supply the creators to be productive, is different. It´s art. Would you say a stradivari workshop is not professional when they supply 1000 Players with 4 untis a year? No. Can you say, a stradivari workshop is not supplying the demand with a maximized economic capitalisation? probably yes. Are they supporting the art of music OH YESS!!
Same with sequentix…my point of view :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Maybe, yes. I have to say I don’t overuse p-locking. I’m not using sooo much automation in general.
Mostly for conditional trigs, velocity. trig length…

the Elektron boxes have superb midi implementations, they are Ideal candidates for use with the Cirklon.

3 Likes

Henning Baer, Steffi, Benjamin Damage … to name some established producers who are using or used the circlon in the past. Just whatch their fact mag vids.

3 Likes

Lest we forget Aphex Twin.( Who won a grammy for Syro; half the songs were sequenced using the Cirklon) and Simian Mobile Disco

6 Likes

I think a MnM and MD would benefit greatly from a Cirklon.

2 Likes

here’s my favorite Cirklon demonstration. it’s pretty basic, but she gets a lot of mileage out of it very quickly and easily, using a lot of hardware (which is precisely the point of it).

I say this because she used it create this excellent record: https://www.discogs.com/Steffi-World-Of-The-Waking-State/master/1240517

10 Likes

Yes, one per guy !

3 Likes

To be fair, it’d be as easy to knock that up in Ableton, if not easier. I say that as a Cirklon and Ableton user.

2 Likes

Yeh i do wonder how much the hardware affects the results if it steers you one way or the other through the path of least resistance.

I searched for cirklon videos quite a lot. I didn‘t find any that really demos its power. Only ways are reading the manual or - better - get the hands on one I guess…

But there is some great music to be discovered nonetheless :slightly_smiling_face:
Much talent here

5 Likes

Yes, there are only very limited videos exploring the deep sequencing elements of the cirklon.
Enjoyed this recent performance from Benjamin Damage. Can’t really see what he’s doing, but he’s pretty hands on with the cirklon throughout.

4 Likes

Benjamin Damage - Against The Clock

Get a slightly better view of Cirklon usage in this vid…

2 Likes

This is a great set. What’s the box above the Toraiz?

Jomox Alpha Base

this is a solid set. and a strong example for the “ignore if it sounds 100% like the original, the TR 09 sounds great within a mix” argument.

1 Like

Sorry, should have said above the Toraiz SP 16.

2 Likes

If anyone has any questions what so ever about the cirklon that can be resolved with a 30 second video on my phone, let me know. Its really the most Important instrument I have. Its also a bit rare and the manual is old. (theres a new one in the works though!)

4 Likes

do you know of this manual? it’s fairly up to date: http://files.sequentix.com/cirklon-manual-1.18-draft.pdf

1 Like