Coffee

Morrisons Organic Ground Coffee.
Percolator.
Small drop of cows milk.

1 Like

I’m a simple man. I enjoy my morning Arvid Nordquist brew from my Mocca Master… Cofee in the morning then I’m good!

1 Like

I’m still besotted by these Nespressos!

I’m glad there’s been a discussion about coffee/caffeine and headaches, as I’ve been getting them whenever I don’t have my morning cup of joe. I hate feeling addicted to something! Thankfully I was able to ‘go cold turkey’ while drinking plenty of water, and so have come through it now. I was concerned it was something to do with blood vessels rather than a hormonal response to not having a blocker for fatigue. I just love the taste and the ritual. The smell of the brewing coffee. It’s just a wonderful thing and I would miss it if I had to give it up.

5 Likes

Coffee and drum machines. What else do we need? :slightly_smiling_face:

Me: Addicted to both.

7 Likes

Dieter says delete.

1 Like

I love fresh ground Stumptown in a press or pour over, with a dash of heavy cream or just black. Just found some “plant-based” heavy cream, and it’s really nice.
But, having said that, I try to drink only a cup (or less) a day and skip some days. Drinking coffee this lightly has helped eliminate the headaches when I’m not drinking it. I definitely sleep better with no caffeine in my system. I’ve even recently tried making a herbal coffee substitute (chicory, dandelion, burdock, vanilla, anise, carob, etc.) I’ve been enjoying this a lot, messing with proportions and such.

2 Likes

fresh ground Skaneroast in a Moka pot.

1 Like

Main kit

• Alessi 9090 Espressomaker
  • Baratza Encore grinder

GASsy Upgrade lust

• Would like to eventually update to a Gaggia ri9380/46
  • Europiccola.

Maybe then I can get a perfect Café Cubano going, I’ve used a cafeteria, tried a moka pot, but while I grew up around cortadito I apparently made it poorly when some Miami-Cuban friends came to visit and was heartbroken :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now summer is here I’ve been making regular batches of cold brew.
Super easy (1 part course ground coffee to 3 parts cold water in the fridge for 12 hours) and handy for my morning joe when getting up too early to hit the noisy grinder.

Gotta watch I adequately dilute it though as the low acidity means I can chug a power dose without realising it…until it kicks in.

Apart from that, still Aeropress as my go to simple brew up.

7 Likes

Mostly beans from https://manhattancoffeeroasters.com/ and https://friedhats.com/ with Wilfa Svart Aroma and a Chemex most of the time (sometimes French Press or Syphon).

Almost a spoonful of Eagle Brand condensed milk makes most coffee insanely delicious.

2 Likes

I’ve pretty much stopped using other brew methods, Aeropress is so good and convenient. I have 3 in different locations :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This sounds really nice, gotta try it!

1 Like

Im such an addict that i have my own definition of “pre-coffee”; it’s how i call the first cup of coffee on a given day bc my day starts with the second cup, sometimes third
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I need another set of these.
I’ve been using a similar thing thats porcelin I just put over my coffee cup

4 Likes

Is this a bit like the Vietnamese cup-top brew gadgets?

3 Likes

The same they sell/use here for Viet coffee.

2 Likes

Ha. Good idea. I am completely stuck on Aeropress cold brew.

Funny I just experimented and had some moka pot coffee with evaporated milk + a little sugar to mimic Vietnamese coffee but with less sweetness. A few weeks ago I bought condensed milk but had to throw it away as in the evening I would keep on going at it with a spoon and would wake up with a very irritated tummy :pensive: It came out pretty good although evaporated milk isn’t as thick n silky. I must say that Bustelo (despite not having chicory) in the moka pot gets a pretty close to tasting like the traditional way.

3 Likes

Pretty good for a Cuban colada as well, though something apparently is materially different in what I did with my moka than the standard-issue Cafeteria my Miami friends were used to, I need them to teach me abuela skills so I don’t have to hunt for a Gaggia ri9380/46 on local Craigslist.

1 Like