Coming soon

Digiborg !

2 Likes

Stop filling my head with these great but costly ideas you

2 Likes

exactly my thoughts

Hehe okay sorry, Iā€™ll stop being manipulative :wink:

1 Like

All logic seems to point to it being a new machine.

But hey, if it turns out to be a Digitakt expander update that would certainly be exciting! Like already owning the the new toy.

I think there will be a significant difference between the new device and the Digitakt. While the DT is more focused on samples/sampling maybe the new machine will have limited support for samples. Maybe itā€™s a rompler, or maybe samples have to be imported through computer or maybe itā€™s limited to a few tracks.

Either way, with the Digitakt- I got what I paid for, and if the new machine negates that itā€™s still an awesome device

7 Likes

Nah definitely not in line with my experience of the AR ā€˜soundā€™. Someone on the Instagram suggested some kinda synthesis engine for the DT, which would be the mutts, however Iā€™m betting the safe way, and going for its a new hardware machine.

Nice to dream though!

In the trailer the bass is very deep that worked.
Listening to the factory samples on the DT, we are far from this result !
New floppy disk on elektron is coming.

itā€™s definitely a video synth

1 Like

Right.

Sounds more MD-ish to me than anything. Except for that reverb! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Justā€¦

Kidding?

And then we find itā€™s an OT controlled AR and Digitakt run through Analogue Heat. :wink:

Synthesis engine for DTā€¦ thatā€™d be great, and wouldnā€™t be surprised if it was that as A) i get the feeling that OB delays have been felt heavily by DT owners (Iā€™m not one, but basing it on reading this forum) and B) it was marketed ambiguously as a ā€˜drum computerā€™ but can currently only playback samples :slight_smile:

So my guess is still new hardware, but could very well be DT drum machinesā€¦

Iā€™d buy either (not wanted a DT until now), as after more digital drum synthesis

3 Likes

Probably a new sound pack. /s

5 Likes

The teaser isnā€™t doing anything a digitakt couldnā€™t do with a sample pack

If itā€™s a new box itā€™s probably 8x mono audio , 4 or 8 midi , 2 out 2 in , similar to digi line
Maybe 6 drums , 2 mono , 3 fx like a mixture of digitakt and digitone.

But if you already have those 2 boxes you donā€™t need another one to make electro, but I appreciate itā€™s not as much fun to speculate on a forum .

An fx box with pre/defined eq/ compression settings ?

1 Like

Curious :mage:t4:
This little delay sequences arriving with sounds,like wave.

even though i would LOVE that i donā€™t think it will beā€¦or, at least, not a complex synth, or just fixed on a limited manipulation/generative engine. as far as we are talking about high-res-digital video.

if it would rely on raw CPU-power, then it would be extremely limited and expensive. and if itā€™s running on GPU shaders and is still affordable, that would be a revolution in videosynthesis: GLSL-vertex-shading e.g. is a very complex programming-environment and even that needs a lot of GPU-power to complex tasks.

maybe it will work if itā€™s based on analogue-synthesis: LZX-industries is already proving this with their excellent eurorack-devices, but, still, this is ā€œonlyā€ analogue and limitedā€¦

2 Likes

274 post in 4H, dammit gonna skip this thread for the night before my head wants to leave my body for good :diddly:

Taking the Z to the couch, and off we go
:zebra:

4 Likes

The # can be a drum pad on the drum machine!

2 Likes

itā€™s an iPad app

2 Likes

Definitely Digitakt is a great machine, and worths every penny. Itā€™s more about the attitude of the company and being responsive to customers requests.

The point is if they release a new machine with the long waited features of Digitakt mk1, while only releasing the Overbridge after 1.5-2 years of advertising as ā€œsoon to be releasedā€ā€¦ this would be like making fun of the customers. If they release a new machine, that would pretty means that there wonā€™t be any significant update to Digitakt mk1 after the Overbridge release, maybe some bug fix updates and thatā€™s allā€¦ I donā€™t want to believe that Elektron will release new products every 1.5 year, and will release the advertised features after that time.

Also at Sonic LAB review from 1.5 years ago, Cenk mentions that the team at Elektron is considering some solutions or alternatives for some requested features, like pattern chaining etc. saying these features can come later with an update. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ufuI1zYHR0

8 Likes

Theyā€™d hardly perfect the DigiTakt editor just before launching a bunch of synthesis machines in it ā€¦ or would they?

5 Likes