Coming soon

digidrum

I can certainly understand your point.

It’s no use to get pre-emptively annoyed until we know what the new machine is and we can see what the details are.

8 Likes

In action with pedestrians, people on bikes, geese that hunt, old school music, detroit I will fix myself on a new machine, new box, containing an exclusivity based on title a minute a new machine :mage:

A GM (general midi) player, elektron style?

I hope not, hehe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely, that’s why I don’t think it’s a new drum machine, but something new where no other machine can fulfill at the moment.

1 Like

What are the advertised features of the DT?

Edit: Other than OB

Totally agree with you. As a DT owner an update like this would be really amazing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hmm I like the idea that it’s an update to the DT … after all it does say it’s an 8 voice digital drum computer

5 Likes

The drop of the Loopop Octatrack video- clearly co-ordinated with ELektron marketing indicates that the Octatrack needs some level of protection and reassurance to buying public… i.e. that it is still worth getting for its purpose. Some level of upgrade or cross-over to that device is now inevitable to me. (meaning in a new form, new box, not a direct OCTA upgrade)

Almost bought Octa in past few months… sit back now and see what happens to decide best course.

3 Likes

I think we’re overlooking one big clue that is relevant to this new box. There was Simon’s single box thread where he professed his love for the MC-202. Add to that the Instagram posts promoting the single box workflow. So, my revised theory is a full featured (drums+synthesis) groovebox. Bonus would be mobile usage- i.e. battery pack.

3 Likes

The OT MK2 came out very recently, highly doubt this is anything OT related

3 Likes

Viditakt… Video synthesis… I hope

1 Like

Update to Digitakt or a video sampler (fuuuuck yeah) would be great. :smiley: I don’t think it’s either of those though.

1 Like

Wasn’t it just a chassis and buttons upgrade though? - 2 years I thought?

Overbridge is a big enough feature that’s being advertised since day 1, being exactly 2 years today (20 January 2017).
https://www.soundonsound.com/news/elektron-return-digital-digitakt-drum-machine

Overbridge was and still is one of the selling points of Digitakt, because there is only stereo out and no other way to have multiple outs, or even some kind of multi-track export. So, if you bought your Digitakt 2 years ago thinking OB is coming soon… now you’re getting Overbridge “soon” but at the same time you wished for new features, and they all come in the shape of a rival machine (I suspect this would happen). Of course DT owners are waiting an update to DT as a way to “apologise” for 2 years without OB, instead of an updated machine.

If OB was released in 2017, we wouldn’t be discussing this (even 2 years is really short time to update such machine). That’s my 2 cents.

3 Likes

I’m in the minority (according to this forums general comments at least) with my DT, in that I don’t feel short changed by the delay in ob. I did t buy it for ob, and I’ve always seen ob as a very nice, free add on. Obviously I can appreciate how others feel about it, its just that Ive not been to concerned about it.

That being said, I have always had a suspicion that the ‘Drum Computer’ tag was a nod to future plans. After all, the other machines changed significantly from what they were at release, and I don’t imagine a company like Elektron would suddenly stop wanting to improve on their products, if that’s how they’ve always been.

If this Speculation is true, then it’s going to turn it from a fine as sampler, to an incredible beast in a box, and you’ll want to buy two!

If it isn’t a synthesis machine for DT, then there’s always the new volca for percs etc. Which is something I’m considering. Or another Nord drum!

8 Likes

38 Likes

BTW. quick question as I have never been around to see these product launches- mind was elsewhere.

How quickly do new machines tend to be available once the announcement is made?

Digimon: Digital Monsters

8 Likes

BURN IT (and s complete sentence)

2 Likes