Computer Video Game Recommendations

Resident evil revelations 2 is a lot of fun in coop mode. Pretty cheesy and not really scary, but still enjoyable.

2 Likes

Townscaper, a game with no goals, you just build a little town on an island. Only computer game Iā€™ve bought for years.
Steam, Mac/Windows.

8 Likes

A little pearl at a ridiculous price ā€¦ I love it too.
If Iā€™m not mistaken, he also worked on the good one:

More or less in the same relaxing family and Japanese garden
but a little more ā€œvideo gameā€ than Townscraper:

2 Likes

1 Like

INSIDE is a masterpiece imo

17 Likes

Iā€™m only here to say that for the holidays I updated my computer so Iā€™m finally able to play games - Outer Wilds and Portal - that had been inaccessible to me (my previous computer was a relic). And then to first login to to Steam and see all the salesā€¦Merry Christmas indeed. Picked up Witcher too. Sekiro looks fabulous but Iā€™m not sure Soulslike is my cup of tea. Iā€™ll wait on Doom: Eternal.

What other widely accepted generational, classic games have I missed out on?

Edit: Anyone here jumping on Cyberpunk? Iā€™m not going to; Iā€™m just curious the boardā€™s interest in it.

1 Like

With The witcher 3 you have the best! Its Dlcs are really great especially Blood and Wine which brings sunshine to the game.
Factorio can also be purchased just to support indie play.

3 Likes

Yeah picked up the GOTY edition. Super excited. For years Iā€™ve just had to passively listen to all the raving.

3 Likes

Been playing Subnautica lately and its great fun!

2 Likes

Say goodbye to all your freetime :rofl:

3 Likes

Holidays in a pandemic? What else do I have??

2 Likes

This one isnā€™t for everyone but itā€™s one of my favourite games. Rain World.

A 2D platformer set in an open world, where pretty much nothing is explained to the player. Everything is procedurally animated, which means that all the enemies behave in ways that feel very organic. Itā€™s also brutally difficult.

This video gives you a decent idea on if this game is for you

Also, the soundtrack slaps

1 Like

If not already, worth checking epic games every Thursday for free games. Some real good stuff in the past like Inside, Civilisation 6, GTA 5, Faster Than Light, Into the Breach, Celeste, Hyper Light Drifterā€¦ Elite Dangerous is currently free.

4 Likes

Witcher 3. Just get through the first couple of hours and itā€™s the greatest game ever. Also red dead 2, ac odyssey, cyberpunk should be pretty cool.

Edit: this site is pretty cool for good prices: www.isthereanydeal.com

3 Likes

Iā€™m rocking TLOU remastered at the moment. Itā€™s kinda old school now I guess but had been watching a lot of spoiler filled commentary on TLOU2 and figured Iā€™d go back to the original. Itā€™s a pretty sweet play. And who knows might give the sequel a go even though Iā€™m aware of some of the clutch moments.

Hard not to be excited about Cyberpunk. It looks like GTA on mainline neon, not that I was ever a fan of GTA but the content of 2077 appeals to me much more.

Damn, games are so amazing these days. To play some of the last gen cap off games u can really see how far a console comes over its lifespan. If this is where we are today in another 5 years when the mature PS5 and Xbox titles hit itā€™s just going to be nuts.

2 Likes

strange - I just bought Bad North only last week and it was full priceā€¦ now I see itā€™s 8.49 again. Doh! Still worth the full price though imo :slight_smile: Iā€™ve played only for a few hours but Iā€™m loving it too!
Still trying to work out some tacticsā€¦ had a few late night meltdown stress moments I didnā€™t expect hahaā€¦

2 Likes

Europa Universalis IV!

2 Likes

If you like PvP matches I highly suggest trying out Metal Gear Online 3 which is included with Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. I have been playing it off an on for 5 years now! Probably the most humorous and fun shooting PvP matches I have ever had. :cowboy_hat_face:

-Just getting back into it, here is a good match from today where I got to be Oceleot!

2 Likes

cs surfing

1 Like

I really like that about the Resident Evil games. Sure, at times they are tense and suspensful, but they really mimic old b-side horror films at times. The comic relief is rewarding, and they seem pretty self-reflective to that point.

The music is used so well too! Suspense? (hard, distorted, disonant) Safe Space? (soft, etherial). Iā€™ve only played RE1, a bit of 2, and RE4, but I plan to get into more.

2 Likes