Computer Video Game Recommendations

I feel most offended by the fact that 99% of the vehicles are still running on fossil fuels! In 2077!! Haven’t read a good explanation for that. Must be Skynet which has taken over all E-Vehicles in 2044 or so.

4 Likes

I’m confused: what two things?

No one…no.one…is blaming CDPR for trans violence. I’m not sure how you got that from what I or the critics wrote.

Nonsense. Not “always”. But it might happen? It happens. Mistakes are made.

Right. That’s usually what happens when you make mistakes.

Again, no. They could make the changes critics are asking them to make and be done with it (seems they’re having to do a lot of work on it anyway, perfect opportunity).

Yeah. The world changes. Critics would like to see it change towards the better.

From what I have seen criticis are not asking for a lot. In fact, it comes off to me that the majority of these critics - many of them trans - are gamers who would love to see Cyberpunk succeed in this regard. They aren’t asking for a lot but what they’re asking for is essential to them. I really don’t understand the pushback against it.

6 Likes

of late I’m mostly using oculus quest2 Zuckerberg goggles.

walkabout mini golf & racket nx are my current favourites. so good.
:golf::v:

1 Like

I’ll quote the whole thing:

“The feature also tacitly validates “clocking” trans people by surveilling their voices or external characteristics, which often precedes acts of violence against the community.That aspect of Cyberpunk 2077 is particularly troubling in a year during which 40 transgender people have been killed in an ongoing homicide epidemic.”

Not very fortunate salad of words imo but honestly i don’t understand some of them so i might get it totally wrong :peace_symbol: (but you have to admire the hidden clickbait)

“They could make the changes critics are asking them to make and be done with it”
“Critics would like to see it change towards the better.”

You say critics but i think you mean some specific critics and that’s ok but…

There is no obligation (nor should be) for them to bow down and change fundamental game mechanics under that or any other pressure.

It’s their product, their vision and your choice to play it or not. Simple as that.

2 Likes

If you still want to give it a go, try it on Stadia. Sure I’ve encountered some minor bugs but it plays really well and I’m enjoying myself a great deal.

It certainly hasnt hit the heights it’s aiming for but considering the content and how fun it is it’s certainly value for money!

Also, Stadia as a platform really is great. Huge potential in it too.

1 Like

Your “clickbait” is another’s awareness. I think the world…gamers especially, considering the reaction to these criticisms…need to be aware of the horrific violence against the trans community.

Of course there is “no obligation” and everyone is free to play what they want. But everyone is also free to boycott, criticize and raise awareness about regressive studios and games that affect their lives directly.

And I don’t want to generalize here…I know and am friends with a number of radical Poles…but Poland is not known for their progressive politics:

6 Likes

I been tempted by stadia of late I must say.

1 Like

I’ve been using the platform for most of 2020. I’m not as heavy a gamer as I used to be so it suits me. Some decent games in the pro subscription (never expected Dead by Daylight to be so fun) and performance with Sekiro and Cyberpunk has been excellent.

It now works on iOS using Safari too. Just don’t try and get by using it with a shitty virgin superhub router. That was frustrating…!

Edit: I bought a series X and it’s barely been touched due to stadia! Feels like a solid endorsement :joy:

2 Likes

Been playing Cyberpunk 2077 on GeForce Now… there you have RTX OOOOOONNNNNN!

3 Likes

Since you touched on this subject i can only agree that this among many other things happening in Poland (which you’re probably not aware of) is bad but you would be surprised how progressive generally are people in Poland and in CDPR btw.

I’m not a big fan of their games but calling them regressive is a pretty over the top statement.

Have a nice day!

2 Likes

Stadia isn’t available in my country :slight_smile:

I’ll come back to it on next gen I’m sure once everything’s ironed out

2 Likes

Am I too off-topic asking about VR gaming here? Anything worth checking out yet?

1 Like

yep.
star wars squadron is really good. proper immersive flyin roond in a xwing & tie fighter. :ok_hand: its. on pcvr n psvr.

half life alyx pcvr is sick too.

2 Likes

u got a vr setup?

1 Like

Nope - that would be part of my question actually. And what would you say about the status of that whole realm in general? I tried something (not sure what… Oculus Rift possibly) a couple of years ago, and it felt a bit early. Quite a bit of motion sickness, etc, and just not as immersive as I’d imagined.

1 Like

I don’t have a VR setup. However, No Man’s Sky added support a few versions ago. This game is incredible all on its own, and IMO is a prime candidate for VR. It will probably be the first thing I play when I finally buy a headset.

2 Likes

it’s getting good I fink. headsets fov are still a bit narrow in general imo n they’re a bit bulky but I find it’s forgotten about pretty quick.

Oculus quest2 is pretty dope being standalone and so cheap for what u get. it’s sort of amazing. granted its not as powerful as a pc but it can be used as a rift too with a USB cable so there’s that too.

I’m still waiting patiently for proper AR to. come to market, and perhaps some vr breakthru which can make the headsets much smaller, but quest2 is sick. 350 euro and uve got wireless roomscale vr anywhere.

I mostly play it standalone. n Im pretty sensitive to motion sickness too so I csnt really play games with locomotion, so I love golf games n tennis kinda stuff mostly.

3 Likes

If playing tethered, would you prefer the rift s as they have recently discounted it.

1 Like

personally I’d prefer the quest2 over the rift. better resolution, 90hz refresh rate vs 72hz, and then it’s also a standalone device too.
the rift strap is apparently more comfortable but that’s the only thing it’s got over the quest. no contest imo.

2 Likes

Does anyone have played No Man’s Sky ?
It seems to be great now with all the updates

1 Like