Computer Video Game Recommendations

I thought it was great on release, but I was in the minority for sure. A few releases later it was inarguably good. A few more, and now it is better than anyone imagined it could be. It’s excellent!

You can get it half price every time they release an update, so that’s a good time to buy if you’re looking for deals.

There’s not much like it out there.

3 Likes

Playing that game for the first time was almost a bit of a spiritual experience…I kept thinking…I’m flying through a VAST generated universe, who knows what’s out there…it instilled that feeling of wonderment in me.

I have a soft spot for that game and feel it was already worth its price upon release, but as you say, with all the updates it’s grown into something new and def worthwhile.

2 Likes

Disappointed the cyberpunk game looks to not be that great and lots of bugs…
I don’t buy games often thought this might have been good and worth dusting off the PlayStation… is it really that bad?

1 Like

No more buggy than the Witcher 3 at the start
(which is one of the best games on the market today), it is playable.
Cdpr is not Rockstar or Ubisoft: A game of this magnitude made by a studio of this size needs time to be really finished and debugged.
For me the main problems are to be found on the players side:
selective memory, lack of patience and even worse the purchase error.
CP2077 is not a GTA, not a Battlefield or a Forza Horizon.
Even if it is obvious that it is better to play it on pc, the “next gen” versions are coming.
The debate on the “old gen” versions is fair, Cdrp can improve things but it will surely remain a very questionable choice.
Whoever has played the paper version will not find the freedom of a role-playing game with friends but it comes close at times.
See what the multiplayer will offer: roleplay, coop, basic PVP?
The universe is faithful, well made, quite beautiful and creative, the vehicles are superb, the driving pleasant or difficult depending on the model.
The music is quite disappointing, certain choices of scenario are not very judicious
and the interest of the origin of your character is very limited but the whole remains coherent.
I still have the impression of casualization, the evil of the century of video games.
HOWEVER, YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO TOLERATE Keanu REEVES
(and that’s really hard).

2 Likes

In about 2-3 hours of play (the main game once you get to free roam I mean). I’ve mostly seen a lot of slow graphics loading with pop ins. Beyond that it’s crashed twice. Once while the game was paused. More than anything it just feels like it isn’t finished. Even once those issue are clear the game still feels a bit dated. Like a really good ps3 game that was left for dead and then resurrected and ported to new systems.

I should add I do still think the game could be really enjoyable once bugs are sorted. But I don’t think it’s a groundbreaking game regardless so far. I’ve still got a lot of the game to play through. So take that lightly

3 Likes

I think that’s the thing, on PC, and probably next gen, you’ll see the title as intended in all its shimmering neon reflections in the rain chrome sparkling goodness. Graphical quality isn’t everything, but for a believable world, there’s a big difference between what u get on the old base consoles, and the newer systems (framerate included).

6 Likes

certainly doesn’t look like GTA quality game, was just watching some videos and the cars can’t even drive around you and AI is really bad… I will wait till next year and see if gets better.

I feel bad for the people that have worked on it as it seems to have been released unfinished

4 Likes

100% man. I can’t imagine the frustrations going on at that studio atm

4 Likes

Demons Souls on PS5 (if you can get one)

Bloodborne was my first soulslike, and Demons Souls is amazing.
About 70 hours in and taking my time. The grind is real :slight_smile:

1 Like

160 hrs into Death Stranding - truly amazing game that slowly and satisfyingly opens up it’s mechanics as you go - it’s really rewarding when you manage to successfully complete some of the later tasks. I’ve never played a game which so clearly creates a sense of an actual place - the weather, the ground conditions and general atmosphere. It’s a shame that they didn’t implement a full day night cycle - imagine trying some of the trickier journeys at night. Really hope Kojima made enough money from this to keep working on his gaming vision.

6 Likes

Got to agree, I really liked death stranding. Not so much for the narrative but just the sense of place like you mentioned. What it offers seems simple, but it’s really well tuned I think. It was a confusing thing at first as although I felt it was a very slow and at times almost boring game, the focus on the small aspects of the game really won me over in the end. I began to enjoy the slow pace and just being in the game world if that makes sense. I was strangely disappointed in not being able to get a Harley or Kawasaki ninja etc after unlocking the data files for them. I really thought I was gonna get the chance to blast around the roads on them haha.

Day/night cycle would actually really open things up. Hoping their next game allows them to expand on things a little more in this way.

1 Like

I only played about 6 hours of it (concentration span ain’t what it used to be) but it was really captivating. them floatin fellas doon by the beach n all. far out.
id love to give it another go if/when I can get me C-span sorted out :blush:

2 Likes

I’m playing. Though it’s been a while

1 Like

You won’t want to dust off a PS to play it.

You’ll either want to get a new gen console, or play it on a decent modern PC.

It’s actually a very good game, and IMO it’s MUCH cooler than GTA. However, it does need a bit more polishing. CDPR has never dropped the ball where polishing, additional content, etc. are concerned. Right now it’s definitely a bit rough around the edges, but even in its current state it is very worthwhile. It will get better as time goes on.

If you want a flawless experience just wait a while until the dust settles.

You should definitely play it at some point though, if you’re into this sort of thing.

3 Likes

Just started this in place of 2077. Really engrossing so far, the opening intro / prologue is probably the weirdest start to a game I’ve ever encountered. Great to know it’s worth playing through.

1 Like

Lucas art games
Full Throttle
day of the tentacle
etc…

90s point and click games

4 Likes

And Sierra.

And Ultima series. :partying_face:

All of which are supported in SCUMMVM now.

3 Likes

Does some of you know if it is possible to play a non-vr game with a vr-headset?
I’m just curious how it would feel if you place the grafics right in front of the eyes

1 Like

I bet you rather want RTX OOOOOOOOONNNNNN!!! anyways ^^ (with GeForce Now)

1 Like

Might depend on the platform but from my brief PSVR experience, yes, you can.

It’s like playing with a cinema screen. Can also be great for watching big blockbuster movies. Not sure if it’s the best for your eyes long term mind you but probably not any worse than squinting at a tiny laptop screen all day for work!

2 Likes