Computer Video Game Recommendations

Man that game is INSANE!!! I bought it a few days ago and tried to play it (which was hard, difficult to find a populated server that has vacancies AND/OR a server that‘s noob friendly). So I ended up experimenting with it on a nearly empty Official European Server (like 3 people on it)…and still the atmosphere and intensity of it all blew me away…

It really makes me feel for the generation that had to partake / partook in WW2, what psychological hell it must have been.

I can‘t believe this game is technically an Indie release, it‘s phenomenal.

D3 is pretty cartoony in my eyes. D2 rolls with the horror pretty well. And I quite like the inventory management and power ups better. Been a while since I played through D3 so maybe it;'s been added since - pretty sure some of the things I like in D2 were added post initial release. Got me really looking forward to D4 anyway as it’s likely it will move back in D2’s direction.

@d4ydream - I don’t think I ever played D1 which is surprising when I think of it as played pretty much everything else during that time! D2 doesn’t really have an end game - you just keep boss running to get stronger and more rate items. Totally understand where that wont appeal to some but I quite enjoy the simplicity of it and can honestly sink hours into the game so far. The remaster also looks great to me. Managed to keep hold of the D2 vibes very nicely.

1 Like

Anyone give Jett Far Shore a go yet? I’ve had my X button hovering over the buy button

Awesome list! I got the G29 because I also play Gran Turismo. The Fanatec stuff looks so good but a full kit would be around $1500 vs $300! They don’t have a budget friendly one with PlayStation support right now anyway, but their support said they would have something coming out later this year. So maybe if I keep spending a fair amount of time doing this I may upgrade down the line.

A lot of the racing games have been on sale lately, so aside from Horizon I’ve been trying out others, Forza Motorsport 7, Dirt 2, Grid, Project Cars 2. I’m waiting for AC and BeamNG to go on sale and will give those a go then.

I do find the Forza games pretty difficult, and loose like you mentioned, but I’m getting better at it. I usually play with almost all assists off so I’m not really making it easy on myself. :laughing:

I also have been giving Snow Runner a go (via Games Pass) and it’s nice, I saw it described as a Death Stranding of driving games, but obviously without all the insanity.

1 Like

Yes Snow Runner must be very cool too (I have its predecessor which is very good at the wheel, but not SR because of the exclusivity).

The G29 is a nice steering wheel, I have a g920 and is also stuck on the price from Fanatec even if once in hand their Direct Drive is really great. Dirt rally 2 for example shows the limits of Logitech where the Fanatec that I tested shines, almost to break your muscles!
Clearly not the same categories but I really enjoy the Logitech. It is not impossible that I crack but for the moment I resist.

Thrustmaster Offers a middle ground in terms of price and sensations, but you have to navigate a lot of models.

1 Like

+1 for Forza Horizon - stiff competition w music making time for sure

1 Like

its nuts , always gives me this wohhhh feeling , we made a little vid last night playing hahaha

1 Like

also keep trying to get into those populated servers , can take a few minutes but the wait is worth it and don’t forget to flank and definitely no running across open fields and your be grand , maybe ? :smiley:

1 Like

Bought Metroid Dread today. Anyone else hyped?

1 Like

Anyone who ever wanted to work at a Soviet border checkpoint should check this out

6 Likes

I have a key for this game to give away.
He’s cool and he really wants to play with you!
MP if interested.

Been playing Forza Horizon 5 all weekend and highly recommend it. I’m not into cars (though I love my Civic) and am not a racing fan but this game is an absolute blast. Mexico has got to be one of the coolest locations for a game like this. The soundtrack is fun too. No regrets buying the premium add-on bundle for early access.

Edit: I take back what I said about the soundtrack - that got old quick

3 Likes

Same here, superbe map, nice evolution on the shock absorbers,
refinement of the conduct and the sound … 5/5

1 Like

2 Likes

Anyone playing halo Infinite too? :sunglasses:

Cool experimentation, total relaxation.

2 Likes

I think this one could be very interesting!

2 Likes

Yes, Indeed… Thanks for the tip !
Also…
Today is the day :

2 Likes

This has been on my list since it was announced. HLD is one of my favorite games period. I won’t but from Epic though, so I’ll be waiting a while.

2 Likes

I too love HLD and this looks stunning.

Questions:

• why dont you buy from epic?
  • how long do these things usually take to get to steam?