Computer Video Game Recommendations

I am not shure because I haven‘t played it myself yet. But a few older Halo Games and I might have a Clue. With Halo it‘s mostly the gameplay combined with the controller. It just feels extremly good. And I say that growing up playing shooters with mouse and keyboard on Pc.
So I don‘t know how to get the „Halo feeling“ on PC. Have you played Doom Eternal? It also feels different on PC and Xbox and its a big Part of the whole experience.

1 Like

Everyone is so hyped about Elden Ring…I bought Cyberpunk on release day, guess what :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Doom Eternal 60 fps ray tracing mode is cool to see on the Series X.

2 Likes

Indeed, but From Soft did not disappoint with any title. The hype comes frome the players, not ads or magazines.

3 Likes

Will take a look at that one for shure. Was thinking about shadow of the tomb raider at last. And was shocked that the Indie Game FEZ doesn‘t seem to be on xbox series.

I’m really enjoying a game called Sunless Seas. It’s story is very much told through text and the writing is very good, very dark and mysterious. Very cool premise, where London in the late 1800’s has sunk into the earth and there is a whole ocean down there… sailing across it in the darkness, trying to keep your crew from going mad, trading in illicit substances and quests of all sorts. It’s very slow paced and relaxing. Reminds me very mich of computer games from my youth in the 80’s
Definitely not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, but I highly recommend it.

5 Likes

Cannibal simulator.

1 Like

Thank you for your msg, I’ll try it with a controller then, have a few PS4 controllers around and maybe even an XBox controller. Haven’t played Doom Eternal, I thought about buying it several times, but haven’t taken the plunge yet. Enjoy your new Xbox! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So you are not playing halo out of gamepass? Which would also include doom eternal. If you are into shooters and may find fun in the gore/scifi/monster setting then please take a look. It really is fun.

1 Like

I am one of many who prefer Doom 2016. It’s often on sale for very cheap. You should try it. It’s incredible if you like FPS

2 Likes
  • Planescape Torment
  • Deus Ex
  • Portal
  • Baba is you
  • Fallout 1, 2, NV
  • The Witcher 3
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Starcraft
  • Elder Scrolls: Morrowind / Oblivion / Skyrim
  • Rock Band 3

If I could create a second list, I’d add

• XCom
  • Hollow Knight
  • Hyper Light Drifter
  • Arx Fatalis
  • Mass Effect
  • Zelda: Breath of the wild
  • Bioschock
  • The return of the Obra Dinn
  • Disco Elysium
  • Bomberman
3 Likes

I absolutely love both new Doom games. I actually initially liked Doom 2016 much more. And it is an excellent game. I think it maintains the Doom atmosphere very well.

I hated Doom Eternal the first few times I played. Maybe 2-4 hours or so. I put it doen for a couple months thinking I wouldn’t go back to it.

Gave it another shot when I picked up an RTX card again just to see what it looked like. Couldn’t stop playing until the end. Caught my stride, got to grips with the mechanics (even though I was against the somewhat forced combat approach).

It just clicked. It’s a much more arcade-y experience for sure, but I ended up loving it. Still play it here and there.

1 Like

As soon as this adictive loop of shooting, hiding, chainsawing, burning and finsher moves kicks in you can‘t stop.

2 Likes

And the hook :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t love it, but the multiplayer is fun for me after not playing any FPS games since the first Halo (so there’s some nostalgia as well). I play 3-6 rounds and have had my fill.

The gameplay is smooth and I feel like I can be casual with it, though sometimes I feel like I’m obviously matched against PC players because I know I’m not that bad…

I’m curious about Hell Let Loose but sit next to my partner on the couch while I play so talking over a headset is a little awkward :joy:

1 Like

I had XBOX gamepass a few month ago and I found it to be very disappointing. Won’t get it again for like a few years. The only games I played was Need for Speed which was also not really great and the Battlefield 1 / 2.

Now I’m hesitating to get a console since I feel like all the new games are not worth the time. And if you say even Halo is not what it used to be… that makes me sad.

Forza 5 is the best example for current games … hunting boxes in a weird multiplayer world … wasn’t fun for me. I remember playing Gran Turismo (some special Japan edition) on PS3 and THAT was fun … this arcade style isn’t for me … or the latest PES - wth … Fifa not getting any better either.

Guess I gotta wait a few years until studios make good games again. All in all … very disappointed of the current state of games.

3 Likes

80 Euro for a new PS5 game is turning me away from PSN, Steam sells the same title for 60. I dont see a reason to invest into a Ps5 today.

1 Like

Maybe check the PC game more.
More variety and way more indies.

@Sternenlicht is right, the price of console games is disproportionate.

1 Like

played this one long winter, stitting in an armchair (can recommend for the captain feeling)
it such a sedate athmosphere — until the all underlying horror calls
good memories, smuggling illicit literature into the reach :crystal_ball::steam_locomotive:

1 Like

Yeah I agree thus far, I’m only on gamepass because a friend of mine asked me to (he plays Age of Empires IV and wants to teach me to play it :joy:). My computer upgraded to Windows 11 recently, so now any game that requires administrator rights won’t install/start. So the selection is even narrower. All good though, I like buying my games/plugins, subscription models usually don’t do it for me, probably won’t here either.