Computer Video Game Recommendations

Kenshi, if you have a lot of time on your hands…

I’m not on W11 but wouldn’t it be a privilege issue for your account?
Switching it to an admin account doesn’t solve the problem?

2 Likes

Yeah, true… I wanted a PC for some time now – but prices for the gfx cards turned me off since mining crypto became a thing and now even chip shortage on top.

I guess in a few years I’m starting to think about it again.

Happy with my M1 Macbook right now … so not urgent anyways. Also I saw that M1 works okay for gaming on Windows with virtualisation …might try that one day. Would be nice if Macs would get a 2nd chance from gaming publishers.

1 Like

no it doesn’t. Trying a bunch of stuff right now, apparently this is a known issue in W11 with GamePass

1 Like

there are so many known issues with Gamepass … so much trouble … and most bugs were very very old. 20% of my time I was troubleshooting :sweat_smile: but I was only streaming games … try that maybe. Worked okay for me (besides all the bugs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

But seriously … how f**ked up is Microsoft having such bugs with their latest OS :sweat_smile:

1 Like

guys come on, gamepass is not all that bad. they have all the halos, all the gears of war, age of empires 4, mass effect, back4blood, control, dead space, doom and doom eternal, all the fallouts in 3D, Limbo, Nier Automata, both Ori jump and Runs, The Ascent, The Medium and Wasteland just to Name a few :wink:

2 Likes

God of war is available for PC. And if you don’t play it, you’re a wiener.

I couldn’t play most of the cool games since I’m only iOS / macOS based – but that’s my fault for not having Windows / XBOX whatever using a Microsoft product.

But I felt kind of betrayed since it’s all shiny covers and behind those almost no info about the game … not even year of release … and most of them turned out to be really crappy games – was disappointed most of the time when I clicked on a title I didn’t know. Maybe it’s better on Windows – I’m referring to the streaming part of GamePass.

If you really want to play cloud based games on your mac you should go geforce now 3080. If you got a good connection its fast and looks pretty good. But its more expensive.

Played Cyberpunk and some CS on GeForceNow. But I owned only a few compatible games. So I was the longest time Founder without even playing. Sad story. Also WiFi performance wasn‘t the best … you probably need WiFi 6 which I don‘t have yet. I guess I‘ll wait for WiFi 7 and upgrade my network and try again (or a GTX 30xx some day when they’re affordable again) :v:then UnrealEngine 5 games will be flooding the market hopefully …

I sure hope not!

I should get round to trying it out again. Any opinion on how it compares to Stadia? Stadia was hugely impressive in my experience - incredibly slick. If Microsoft get up to comparable levels then Game Pass will be unreal.

Sorry I haven‘t checked Stadia, just xCloud and GeforceNow and for me both worked surprisingly well. I would not play Counter Strike on them but everything else seemed fine. But of course it always depends on the connection. I would say if network infrastructure becomes fast in the future its the thing everyone will use.

Xcloud doesn’t cut it for me yet. It’s noticeable inferior to Stadia. Like, massively noticeable in terms of stream quality and latency.

Streaming is the future though so hoping all the big players can match Stadia soon enough.

if you got mates, halo infinite is awesome.

When I first started out I was the only one with a series S, not a Buch of mates both second hand one S for like 100 and we’ve been playing halo for most of the winter lockdown times.

Much better than FaceTime

1 Like

It is great but MS insisting on cross play with the dirty cheating PC crowd does ruin things a little. This genuinely isn’t “Git Gud” territory. It’s clear cheating and it was pretty rampant over the festive period there.

If just looking to game and chat with mates though it is a great way to pass the time. And a lot less stressful and frustrating than something like Dead By Daylight!!!

I just finished Resident Evil 8: The Village and it was crazy good fun! Definitely a great survival horror genre and superb graphics and gameplay. Monster Hunter is a lot of fun as well.

1 Like

Probably obvious to most who’ve played “You Don’t Know Jack” in the past, but Jackbox games are EXCELLENT to get non-FPS gamers and their partners involved. Sort of a mix of party games and apples to apples/Dixit/cards against humanity.

1 Like

I recently installed RetroPie on a Raspberry Pie 400 I had lying around and have a great time with classics from the Amiga, C64, PS1, arcade stuff, etc.

Just finished It Came From the Desert and am now a couple of hours into Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (in french since I’m trying to learn that atm). My wife likes to compete in Pinball Dreams since she always wins…

So anyways, RetroPie is fun. Not always exactly plug-and-play to get every game working properly, but for the most part it is simple.

4 Likes

Are you guys still buying physical discs or have you gone digital. I tried to go all digital because I don‘t need more plastic around and for convinience but still some physical games have sneaken in. I wished all my switch stuff was digital, so it would all be on the device and no hassel to carry around games. I managed to go all digital on pc and xbox, not so on PS stuff.

3 Likes