Computer Video Game Recommendations

For me in halo it was always time to kill and how useful all your tools are. If someone sees me first I usually feel like I still have a chance in the battle as long as they didn’t have rockets or some other power weapon. Make an evasive maneuver and throw a decent grenade and you can even things up on someone having the jump on you. Time to kill in other modern FPS games always made me feel like I had to play in more careful less fun ways. I suppose halo is sort of a half step between a quake/unreal and a modern shooter.

1 Like

All digital for me.

1 Like

Makes sense. Only downside. Its often more expensive. Which is crap because it should be cheaper after all.

So quiet around here. Is anyone giving Cyberpunk a second chance? I am thinking about it even though I don‘t like the ironic tone of the game.
And many other good games are coming out now. Horizon 2, Elden Ring, GT7…

1 Like

One of these days with pleasure…
But I fell back into Fallout 4 and am completely trapped in it.

2 Likes

Im excited for the new Horizon, but I am gonna wait to play it after Elden Ring. I think ER will be more exciting to play at launch given the online and community aspects of it. HZD will be the same no matter when I pick it up.

3 Likes

Same here, pre ordered Elden Ring and wait on HFW.

Also downloaded Fallout 4 and cyberpunk again. As everyone in politics seems to bring the cold war back I ll be prepaired for the world after the Fallout😂

3 Likes

Cyberpunk just got a huge update, so there’s a reason to give it a whirl. I started it, and was actually enjoying it on release, but then I did the big dumb mistake of selling my video card to get another one, when pretty much instantly the whole video card market went to hell. I have a decent RTX card now, but not as good as the last one one performance-wise. So I left CP on hold for a while. Haven’t tried it since the update though, and it seems like it could be fun to get back into it.

Otherwise, I’ve just been playing my typical 2D indies. :smiley:

1 Like

Cyberpunk on Stadia was, on the whole, an excellent experience. Really enjoyed it. I’ll return to it on the Series X eventually.

I found it considerably more playable than Dying Light 2 has been. That’s a game I want to love but I keep hitting the same few bugs that drive me up the wall.

All will be forgotten when Elden Ring lands in a week though…

2 Likes

Looking forward to that! I haven’t been playing many games on my PC lately, but I’ll probably swap my game machine in for the living room PC so I can play it on the 87”. :slight_smile:

I only played Dark Souls 3 (which I loved) so the Soulslike thing is still fairly fresh for me.

I did buy Code Vein, but still haven’t played it yet.

Startet mass effect again today…propably won‘t finish it before elden ring but nostalgia kicked in. Its just different. Those older games just didn‘t take you by the hand as much as all those newer ones.

Maybe I‘ll get the Master Chief Collection and the Ninja Gaiden Collection. All those old Games keep on delivering. Rarely any new blockbusters are that good. Last of us 2 was a blast thou

Can you recommend some tutorials for a living room pc with gfx card?

1 Like

whats wrong with an xbox for the living room?

so no ones talking about Lost Ark here?

I’m about to get into it starting next week and possibly waste the entire year doing so, while accomplishing none of my music goals I set out lol.

mmo’s get me, and its been awhile since.

so...

recommend wasting away to this game?

It’s quite easy actually. I’m on my way to an appointment, but would love to make some recommendations a little later.

(Group of friends and I have been building game PCs of various types since the early 90s.) I find it relaxing :smiley:

1 Like

i picked up dying light 2 a couple weeks back which has been fun enough. i seem to be stuck at some quest bug / user error though, need to look into it. i’ve moved back over to horizon zero dawn though as i really want to finish it before picking up hfw. i’m on ps4 pro, and actually, when i got that console i started a lot of my old ps4 games again, but this weekend found an old usb with some further game saves, which has saved me a lot of time redoing the first parts of certain games again.

so i actually i’m pretty hyped for next gen now - i did redownload 2077 for the Pro and imo it still wasn’t ‘it’ in terms of the experience - it really needs that 60fps to look smooth. and horizon forbidden west just looks amazing, thats a real reason to upgrade to next gen. i’m trying to thrash my way through HZD at the moment so i’m up to speed for the second one.

i’ve actually ordered a new tv and put my name on a ps5 list. it’s weird but you really feel like next gen and current model tv’s really go hand in hand. in any case i need a bigger screen for my space, currently have a 40". i ordered a qn85a and got a great deal on it. but its funny, 120fps largely seems like hyperbole at this point, to my eyes 60fps seems legit the actual sweetspot, and fwiw it seems most games aren’t even up to the task - it all mostly seems optimised for 60 at this point.

anyway, it’s a bit of a mouthful start to the year for gaming - i still have a lot of old titles to polish off but im heaps looking forward to seeing everything at a higher res/framerate/screensize/brightness/colour depth etc…

edit: on the above discussion. i feel like im in on all-digital too. will prob grab the digital ps5. i agree mostly it seems the pricing is pretty equal - only when the game drops is it actually more expensive on digital, which bites. but i guess you save some coin on the disc version

On DL2 if your stuck with things like quests not progressing or objective markers not updating try going into the menus and “calling for help”. I’ve basically had to do this continuously to get through pretty much the final 2/3 of the main story. It’s a coop play feature but it seems to dislodge things for me and get the game moving. A real pain in the arse though. I’ve had black screens requiring force quits when cut scenes haven’t loaded.

Having said that, simply tearing round the environment is a lot of fun. Especially when the grapple hook comes into play.

Anyway, main story completed in time for Elden Ring leaving a nice world to drop into while I need to cool off from dying a few dozen times

1 Like

ah nice, cheers. i’ll look into that. yeah im pretty early on, this is at the bazaar. just keeps telling me to chat to people there. i did some side questy to stuff to see if tha would move it forward but i’m still there. will give that help tip a try

Dota 2 must be one of the best games ever.
Celeste
Insurgency 1
Baba is you

Ah! That one isn’t a bug! It’s just not clear you have to do the side quests that a couple of folk offer when you talk to them

2 Likes