Computer Video Game Recommendations

Mass Effect (remasterised) I, II, III and all DLCs included.
What a good escape and discover or rediscover a good series.

Given .

3 Likes

The latest Hitman series is ace!

1 Like

Elden Ring full stop.

:wink:

4 Likes

For the Metroidvanias lovers, with a excellent soundtrack :

2 Likes

@NeonMelk I saw it pass, it makes me want.

I only say that I recommend this little pearl solo/multi, explo/glide.
Pleasure of vintage games with a modern engine, very cool.

About Tunic, itā€™s a typical " Canā€™t stop playing" game.
Itā€™s a ā€œhunt for shortcutsā€ fest and rewards exploration.
A treat.

3 Likes

tunic looks very nice, iā€™m having a look around for the cheapest way to play it.

it might be a 1 month sub to gamepass for Ā£1 , iā€™d have to find my xbox as i havent used it for years.

2 Likes

By a stroke of unbelievable luck, I just acquired a PS3 and a PS4 for free (nothing illegal, just friends & family upgrading). Iā€™m going to jailbreak the PS3 to be abled to play PS2 and PS1 games, and thus will have access to all games from the four consoles. Iā€™ve been making a small list of games I need to play, from the old consoles mainly just the Shin Megami Tensei series and Metal Gear series. For PS4, I was thinking the following:

Control
Death Stranding
SMT3 Nocturne HD Remaster
Persona 5 Royal
Metal Gear Solid V

What other kind of eerie scifi / mystical games are there? Shadow of the Colossus?

I like horror, but no zombies please. I like JRPG, but not too weeaboo or childish (SMT is a good example of good stuff). Souls games naturally, but I donā€™t know if theyā€™re just too hard for me. Iā€™m not a huge gamer nor very good at gaming, I like turn based games more.

If you like smt and persona I would rec the yakuza series (starting with zero or the most recent one, ā€œlike a dragonā€). Its more on the silly side of persona stuff but has a good story with a lot of interesting characters.

I tried a Yakuza and it was a bit too silly, hah. But if I see them for cheap Iā€™ll def buy them. Iā€™m building up a game library to last me for the rest of my life.

You just have to take Factorio only. :upside_down_face:

I have it on PC, fun until you need a spreadsheet to calculate stuff :smiley:

1 Like

it is probably possible to make a calculator in itā€¦

Bloodborne is definitely worth a look from the horror angle, though it is undeniably brutal to play. If you like turn-based, maybe consider one of the Disgaea games. Theyā€™re a little ā€œcuteā€, but certainly bearable, and the mechanic of being able to level up items by playing turn-based battles inside them is genius. Iā€™ve always been a big turn-based fan and I think these are my all-time favourites becasue they donā€™t pollute it with any nonsense - well, not much, at any rate, there are no real-time elements or extensive research / base building, just as many skirmishes as you want with lots of interesting mechanics.

Resi 4 is a great port, with quite a lot of movement options.
I guess it might look a bit aged today, but as someone who loved the original on Gamecube, itā€™s amazing being in that world.

1 Like

I have been digging little nightmares 2. loved the first one and the second installment just takes to the next level

Golf lovers here ?

Gamepass is also on pc.

I tried tunic last night. I just canā€™t stand the way it looks. Gameplay is good but I canā€™t do it.

Picked up Assassinā€™s Creed - Odyssey and itā€™s one of the best games Iā€™ve ever played. Highly recommend playing through as Kassandra.

1 Like

play elden ring instead tbh

3 Likes