Computer Video Game Recommendations

Doom Eternal is insanely good.

I’d highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed UT2004/Quake3 style arena shooters. It’s one of the few single player games that initated the primal “Quake Brain” where everything is split second decisions in flow state.

2 Likes

I got ps5 not long ago either by pure luck, I’ve just got gt7 which is pretty good feels like when I got gt back on the ps1.

Anyone tried that hell let loose ww2 sim shooter and if they’d recommend it? I long for the old days of simpler shooters from my pc playing days, 1st medal of honour, 1st call of duty, day of defeat etc - not this new cod/battlefield ones progression/transaction/kid like utter dog shit.

1 Like

always wanted to try hell let loose. but was aiming more to play it on pc…

1 Like

I’ve been looking forward to this one, sadly I only have an iPad and a PS4. Hope this gets ported to either.

1 Like

Yeah does look like it be better on pc but I ain’t buying a top spec pc anytime soon, guess with these games…the quicker you just dive in and start, the quicker you get over not having a clue what to do or dying constantly…

Usually I don’t like to play games on computer anymore (using Mac only) but I do make exceptions for good ones like this - luckily it’s has a Mac version!

But my first instinct was to check if it was available on switch/iPad. I’m on the same page with you :confused:

2 Likes

I do have a good PC with an 3070 and a I710700. But I think I am done with PC Gaming after this machine. I mean it will hold up for years I hope but Windows is just a pain in the ass. I will never pay those ridiculous prices they were asking for GPUs in the last months. Even if PS5 and Xbox are not so great for shooters they have the far better experience I think. The only thing they really lack are strategy games like Warhammer, Starcraft and stuff.
And I am trying to find ways to make those games playable on mac mini via cloud gaming.

2 Likes

I love indie games personally and sadly the console market only gets a fraction of what gets released on PC. I’ve been eyeing the Steam Deck for my next gaming platform, it could be a game changer if somewhere down the line you actually get to play every game on steam with it.

You can also install emulators, so retro gaming up to PS2 should be viable.

1 Like

The performances seem to be there, Witcher 3 is running on it,
Facorio is playable…
A very large number of games are compatible, some are not and others are waiting for controls to be defined, on this side the sun is shining.
On the other hand, the bastard resolution, the heating and the screaming blower lead me to think that it is better to wait for an MKII or MKIII…
Obviously the noise, constant even out of game is a cause of divorce,
goodbye party on the sofa…

Yeah, these are the reasons why I’m not getting one yet. Needs to be like a Switch, completely silent & optimized. Maybe it’s impossible for a device like that, that’s running all kinds of games made without a specialized devkit for it. We’ll see. It’s a great concept!

1 Like

Maybe with water cooling like that.

Noise is the main problem everything of those machines has to tackle. Will never buy something loud again. Xbox series X and macbook Air for the win. No noise.

1 Like

Not a Ratchet and Clank fan…but this latest release was amazing. The scale and feel of the world was amazing. All I could think was…it’s too bad Cyberpunk couldn’t nail the city like RnC did.

I REALLY want to get GT7, but I think that game is just that much better with the steering kit….which I can’t afford.

That game looks amazing! I just suck hard at it with a controller.

I wanted it till I found out abount all those always on and pay to win stuff. Not interessted anymore sadly

Wanted what?

Gt7

Pay to win? What the… :frowning:
I haven’t played since GT5. I don’t recall pay stuff. New?

Yeah you can buy in game money to buy stuff or it seems to be a massive massive grind to afford some of the expensive cars. And the game is always online aaaaand they keep changing pricing on stuff and rewards. Community is pissed as hell :joy:….so I stay away. I would even stay away just for the always on in singleplayer. Why the fuck do I need to be always on to play a singleplayer game on a console. Nope

AAA games are ruined. They’ve been quite shit for years, but now with always online consoles, NFT’s and P2W means they’re officially ruined.