Computer Video Game Recommendations

Currently playing Stray. I love cats so it’s amazing for me. I am digging to overall story so far too.

13 Likes

I hesitated to take it, it looks very nice.

1 Like

I bought this last night, looking forward to it!!!

1 Like

I’ve finally managed to make NFS5 to run on one of my computers (but not on the other one weirdly), now I’m enjoying that retro racing vibe. Any advice on modern arcade racing games with similar vibe that I can play on a keyboard/gamepad?

I sold my nice Logitech steering wheel a couple years ago, had no space for it (still don’t have). Back in 2013-2014 I tried out Euro Truck Simulator 2. After half an hour I went to a shop and bought that wheel. I was working at a factory at that time, didn’t even see the sun in the winter, left my apartment at 6:20 and returned after 18:20, and then I launched ETS2 and relaxed. It’s a perfect game for someone going through a lot of stress. Haven’t played it in years.

1 Like

This is next on my list after I finish Disco Elysium

3 Likes

Ya my girl just started playing Stray. I think this game is great!

2 Likes

I play MHR aswell, but not that extensive as Elden Ring, its a great game.

1 Like

You are ready for American Truck Simulator.
Wreckfest or Forza Horizon 4/5 could be nice.

1 Like

another +1 on Stray - beautiful game, and pretty unique.
one thing, its quite short, and probably not a lot replay value… this is not a criticism, its quality over quantity.
however, I decided to play it slowly, over multiple sessions to really enjoy the experience.

I’ve also got back into ‘no mans sky’ (NMS) after a short break, it just keeps getting better ( with regular updates). completed main quest, now exploring, building things up … whilst waiting for the next community expedition to launch.

I play a bit of Forza Horizon 5, for some open world driving…
I admit I don’t like this constant push for in game purchases/dlc … and Forza with this monthly rollout, and ‘subscriptions’ is the worst Ive seen for this.
(only recently got back into gaming, so its ‘new’ to me)

that said, the price is not too bad for the ‘base package’, which is all you really need, as it has so many cars anyway… so you can avoid the temptations - and I guess opt in, if you see something thats a ‘must have’ for you.
… and the season challenges are kind of fun to keep it fresh.

so much good stuff, and great to see it all constant on sale :wink:
loving this on my steam deck, which means I just pick up n’ play when Ive a free moment, and just drop into whatever genre I fancy at that time…
(also makes time based activities/farming on things like NMS really easy)

2 Likes

:+1:t6: No Mans Sky.

1 Like

When I worked for Flight School Studios we made these

11 Likes

For me Disco Elysium is next after I finish Stray :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I downloaded Wreckfest the other day, 10 minutes later I uninstalled it, sounded fun but instantly tedious.

1 Like

I’ve developed an intense sense of guilt after getting platinum on Elden Ring and I’m mostly focusing on my music and practicing finger drumming. So I’m mostly playing casually. Currently going through Nobody saves the world and Stray.
I’m not going back to Destiny, I tried, realised all my progress and weapons were irrelevant, uninstalled it.

3 Likes

I’d love to get back into NMS but I lost my old savegame and I dread going through the tutorials again when all I want is jump on a ship and explore, I might go back to Elite Dangerous instead.
My new job will require me to have a proper gaming desktop, I’m sure Elite will look great all maxed out…

1 Like

Ha yeah, I can understand that opinion. I just like it as a social thing with my mates. Some nice challenges in there but yeah, a lot of it is gobidigook nonsense and a never ending grind. It’s sucked me in big time for now though!

I really should do some music though… :joy:

1 Like

they are just about to launch a new expedition (polestar), its expected to start this Friday.

this could be a good way back in, as you can build up following a different ‘path’, at the end it’ll also convert into a normal save, so you can build up your own way.

another option, which I only just learnt about is ‘twitch drops’ (there is one today) , here you get items that you can (repeatedly) use in any game (e.g. a new game) … e.g. there is today , an A class Fighter, which would definitely give you a ‘leg up’ on a new game, even if you just use for some credits.

I think one issue with NMS, is the most obvious way to progress is a bit of a grind, but these days there are lots of other options / approaches, where you can totally ignore the ‘main story’.
Im quite enjoying the pirate life and also doing the derilict freighters.

also, im finding once you have a couple of upgrades, you can pretty much go where you like…as the pirates that pop up and threaten you aren’t that difficult to defeat. (just end up being a bit of extra cash)
for exploring I do like the Rover (?) and Submarine exocraft

also if you like exploring, go grab a suspicious scanner from the outlaw space station, this’ll give you lots/stupid amounts of units if you scan stuff… so you can pretty much use that to allow you to buy anything you ‘need’

not tried elite dangerous, so not sure how it compares (esp. ‘on deck’) , but Im tempted, as I loved Elite from my childhood days :slight_smile:

Depending on when you last ran through the tutorials you may not mind them again. I’ve started a few new games and between experience and changes to the tutorial flow, I tend to fly through them. I was tempted to start a new game after the Endurance update, but new tutorial elements show up automatically. I did have to replace the exocraft teleported in my freighter, but that was fairly painless.

Playing Cyberpunk 2077 since they patch 1.5 fixes. Tons of fun! Very cool running as hacker and creating your own build and play style. Gorgeous graphics lots of cool vehicles to drive around and fun game!

4 Likes

Not a massive horror/zombie fan, but I recommend Dying Light 1&2. One of my fav series ever. Good fun.

2 Likes