Computer Video Game Recommendations

also Resident Evil The Village was awesome fun survival horror game.

2 Likes

Gonna get Elden Ring in a bit. Hope I can finish this grind.

5 Likes

Picked up Rimworld for Xbox last weekend and have been very pleasantly surprised by how well they adapted everything to the controller. Iā€™ve watched my girlfriend play it on her laptop for years and always thought it looked too complex for anything other than a keyboard and mouse but Iā€™m so glad they did a great job with the console port so I get to play it while relaxing on the couch.

My first run I tried taming a lynx and unsurprisingly failed, which pissed it off so it went ahead and mauled all my villagers to death. It chased the last villager into my butcher room and proceeded to circle around it after he was down, making sure he bled out. Good times.

1 Like

Rimworld can take over your life if you let it. I often find it difficult to accept losing in computer games but itā€™s very much part of the experience with Rimworld.

Itā€™s not like a From Software git gud and die a lot thing. Is genuinely The random events, shitty decisions (from the user!) and the story AI being, at times, hilariously brutal.

Keep things small and sensible. Iā€™m sure difficulty ramps up with the number of survivors in your camp (I think) so donā€™t be afraid to kill everyone and harvest their organs :joy:

2 Likes

Replaying Assasins Creed Odyssey on Steamdeck. GTA San Andreas as well.

4 Likes

Just reinstalled FTL after not playing it for five years. Itā€™s still unbelievably fun and super addictive.

Unpacking, one of the most relaxing games available.

6 Likes

Just got the cowabunga collection on Switch. I am in nostalgia heaven.

And duck tales remastered.

This is how you time travel

1 Like

Everything is givenā€¦see you next month.

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pray:t3:

1 Like

Playing SUPERHOT MCD again, what a game. Couldnā€™t be better.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been playing the new Turtles game with my daughter. Itā€™s a blast! If you havenā€™t grabbed that one yet, definitely pick it up. Worth the full price.

1 Like

You mean shredders revenge? Deah played that in multiplayer with a friend of mine. Great fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s the one. Couldnā€™t remember the subtitle. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve spent many days of my childhood with this one:

8 Likes

I loved the SNES era Ninja Turtles. I donā€™t really want to revisit it, though. Iā€™d LOVE a modern turtles RPG or adventure style game.

Did you play the sequel? Day of the Tentacle? There is a remaster version of the full voice version on Steam. Highly recommend it if you havenā€™t played it.

3 Likes

No, I didnā€™t know that. I have to check it out, but Iā€™m afraid that it will be to time consuming.

1 Like

It could consume a bit of time. :wink:

Also, thereā€™s a C64 in the game somewhere, and if you click on it, you can play the full first game on it. :smiley:

2 Likes

I just picked this up visually very very coolā€¦ gameplay is like a very hard arcade game mixed with a classic FSP with rocket jumps and strafe jumping type mechanics. If you ever played devil daggers its like that with a ton more going on.

6 Likes